Any one part of a union ??

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Anybody part of a union??? If so my company I work for is part of the IBEW Union here in Hawaii our contract is up in October so lots of talks going around on changes employees want to see. My section doesn’t have a shop steward so I decided to take the role cause I don’t mind going to the meetings and speaking up and taking command trying to get things done for our shop that’s fair for everyone.

My question is what’s everyone’s experience in these matters dealing with a union??

Kinda of crazy one of the union presidents is under fire right now from the feds or taking money and spending it for personal use

KHNL

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Anybody part of a union??? If so my company I work for is part of the IBEW Union here in Hawaii our contract is up in October so lots of talks going around on changes employees want to see. My section doesn’t have a shop steward so I decided to take the role cause I don’t mind going to the meetings and speaking up and taking command trying to get things done for our shop that’s fair for everyone.

My question is what’s everyone’s experience in these matters dealing with a union??

Kinda of crazy one of the union presidents is under fire right now from the feds or taking money and spending it for personal use

KHNL
I’m currently processing for carpenters union..know a lot of brehs and Mexicans who are in various unions

I feel unions are one of the last ways to live a decent middle class lifestyle in present day America. Mfs here on the Coli will steady talk about IT but if the big boss man wants to fire u on the spot he can.

In a union it’s almost impossible to get fired. Plus you can work anywhere in the US in a trade union

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
IBEW 26. I really don't understand the situation here. Is your shop contemplating staying union or not?

Nah our shop didn’t have a steward and there’s things that we need that our specific for our job that we didn’t have in our last contract like shoe stipends better rain gear n other things and we have our contract coming up in October so I want to start negotiating those things to the union but I dont have experience in dealing with unions or union meetings nobody stepped up to be a steward so we don’t really have a voice when things get negotiated

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
CWA 1101

I was a steward most of last year.

It can be some extra work come negotiation time, but unions are cool.

I was fired from work unlawfully, union got my job back.

So how did you go about negotiating things that your work area needed? That was specific to your job like tools or things of that nature?

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
Nah our shop didn’t have a steward and there’s things that we need that our specific for our job that we didn’t have in our last contract like shoe stipends better rain gear n other things and we have our contract coming up in October so I want to start negotiating those things to the union but I dont have experience in dealing with unions or union meetings nobody stepped up to be a steward so we don’t really have a voice when things get negotiated
That's what's up. Shop stewards are imaginary in our local. Nobody checks receipts and if you have a problem you better call your contact at the hall. DC is kind of fukked up

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
So how did you go about negotiating things that your work area needed? That was specific to your job like tools or things of that nature?
Its a communications union.

So like our negotiating was more for stuff like overtime, sick time, pay raises.

Also they’re trying to move our jobs overseas.

Its a bunch of things. I didnt do any negotiating directly, but when we went on strike, i was in charge of mobilizing people in my area.

It can be hard but you gotta fight the good fight to get what you want.

Overall my experience has been a good one.