Any websites about events in portuguese-speaking Africa?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
also, how do ethnic French view white nonethnic French? Like French Algerians that came back, children of Polish, Portuguese, etc. immigrants?

I'm not sure "Ethnic" French exist, France is quite diverse an different from Corsica all the way up to Lille. For centuries there's been mixing in France, hell the name itself comes from the German tribe (Francs) who settled down here. I assume you mean "White".

By "French Algerians" I guess you mean White French who colonized Algeria and then came back at its independence? Well, they're white, and French, so they're treated as being part of the majority population.

Euro immigrants, it depends, but they all went through various levels of xenophobia and discrimination. First significant wave of immigrants in modern France history that got discriminated against were...Flemish Belgians. The usual stuff : they're coming for our jobs, our women, don't speak our language, etc. Then Italians, against which there were violents acts (some were killed, in the South of France). Spanish it's a lil different I think, as they were fleeing the war and later Franco, I think they got a little more sympathy. I don't think the Portuguese went through too many issues, even though they were (like the others) stuck in the margins. All these people are the ones who were in the "banlieues" before massive immigration from Africa came in, to simplify things. Difference is that usually the second generation managed to quickly integrate and basically pass for "ethnic French" (which is why I don't think that term applies for France). Sarkozy is the son of Hungarian immigrants, Valls (former PM) of Spanish immigrants, Hidalgo (current Mayor of Paris) of Spanish immigrants too, the list goes on and on. Now it's different with the EU and Schengen, there was a little controversy when the EU expanded east and everyone was fearing the "polish plumber", but that was short-lived and there really hasn't been a huge spike in immigration from Eastern Europe, it was much bigger in the 19th and 20th century when those populations were fleeing whatever situation was going there, a lot of Polish people moved here. I think Marie Curie (Nobel Prize) was a Polish immigrant.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip