Anybody been to Belize?

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth

The Black presence in Belize is about 6.1%. Known as Garifunas -- mixed of Black and Native American ancestry

18A7CF64-1DA9-63B9-AD33-11EBB832A1C4.jpg

p06rw37g.jpg

Black Women in Belize
126046675_1840580389431970_6112724646366816320_n.jpg

16463077_769268299896523_314718221921338385_o.jpg

382120_130095377147155_159267928_n.jpg

Anyone been here?

Loggie

All Star
Daps
Belize is a beautiful country. My parents are from there and moved out the LA in the 80’s. Both my older sister were born in Belize. My brother and I were born in the States. We used to drive from Cali and Texas to Belize at least once a year my whole childhood. I got stories for days.
:merchant:
I started going and as an adult from 2013-16 at least twice a year. Met my Wife and stopped going. She’s been twice without me.
:beli:
When people say Belize, most are talking about Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye, which is where all the beautiful pictures mostly come from. Belize probably has the best diving this side of the world due to the second largest reef in the world.
:leon:
The women are cool and varied. I’m from the South aka Toledo district. There the people are the most varied. We have crole which is black/Spanish/english mix, Garifuna, Spanish, Cooli, and Mayan.

The capital is Belmopan which is more inland due to hurricanes. Mostly Spanish and Creole live there. Dangriga/Hopkins/Placencia is mostly Garifuna. The largest city is Belize city and has a mix of everybody. I don’t fool around in the city at all and don’t know much about it.

The country is small and peaceful outside of the city. All our towns have less than 50k people. There really isn’t much to do nor see unless you are into ecotourism.

Cost of living is relatively high. Our fuel prices have been $7 a gallon since I was a child. That adds to the transportation cost of all the food throughout the country. To build a house is still $125-200 SF if you are doing concrete. Our concrete comes from Mexico and Guatemala.

If you have any questions please let me know. If you’ve never been and are thinking of it, hit up PR, Ja, and DR first to get that island experience. But if you are interested in seeing beautiful black people who speak English. Belize could be a nice spot for you.

Last edited:

Loggie

All Star
Daps
We lived in Corpus which was 3 hours from the border. Border to border is about 22-30hrs. Once in Belize it’s another 8 to our home town.
From LA to Reynosa is 20ish. In the ‘90’s, Mexico didn’t have too many toll roads so I couldn’t tell you how long from border of US to border of Belize.
:sadbron:
We used to ride out there five deep in a Rabbit haha.
:russ:

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Thoughts @Studious one ? Breakdown sound about right?
You left nothing out my Belizean brethren. Proud to be from this beautiful country. :salute: :salute: Born there, raised here, lol. :blessed:Sad fact: my dad is the only known casualty in Belize as a result of hurricane Richard. Matter fact, it is coming up on the fourteen year anniversary of his death. RIP dad! Long story short, he went out to the Caye (keys) to fish, and the boat capsized. I’m going next year, I’ll be in the keys though. If anyone gets a chance to go, beautiful country. As a matter of fact, Central America is very underrated, especially the parts where there are Black people. I think it’s great to be able to see Spanish-speaking countries, but it’s also mind blowing to see Black people in those spaces, and that they are very much apart of the culture of those countries.:troll: Meaning, we’re still black, but the culture of the country permeates within us just the same. I believe they call that… Ethnicity.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Belize is a beautiful country. My parents are from there and moved out the LA in the 80’s. Both my older sister were born in Belize. My brother and I were born in the States. We used to drive from Cali and Texas to Belize at least once a year my whole childhood. I got stories for days.
I started going and as an adult from 2013-16 at least twice a year. Met my Wife and stopped going. She’s been twice without me.
:beli:
When people say Belize, most are talking about Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye, which is where all the beautiful pictures mostly come from. Belize probably has the best diving this side of the world due to the second largest reef in the world.
:leon:
The women are cool and varied. I’m from the South aka Toledo district. There the people are the most varied. We have crole which is black/Spanish/english mix, Garifuna, Spanish, Cooli, and Mayan.

The capital is Belmopan which is more inland due to hurricanes. Mostly Spanish and Creole live there. Dangriga/Hopkins/Placentia is mostly Garifuna. The largest city is Belize city and has a mix of everybody. I don’t fool around in the city at all and don’t know much about it.

The country is small and peaceful outside of the city. All our towns have less than 50k people. There really isn’t much to do nor see unless you are into ecotourism.

Cost of living is relatively high. Our fuel prices have been $7 a gallon since I was a child. That adds to the transportation cost of all the food throughout the country. To build a house is still $125-200 SF if you are doing concrete. Our concrete comes from Mexico and Guatemala.

If you have any questions please let me know. If you’ve never been and are thinking of it, hit up PR, Ja, and DR first to get that island experience. But if you are interested in seeing beautiful black people who speak English. Belize could be a nice spot for you.
you from L.A.?

Loggie

All Star
Daps
you from L.A.?
Yeah. South Central. Lived off 58th. My dad is Navy so we moved out in ‘88.

Crazy though. That little house is worth 600k now. Did the Mexicans take that area over or Asians? I haven’t been back since ‘17.