Anybody got experience with Atlassian/Jira? Cuz I’m bout to get fired UPDATE: Y’all saved me!

AsTheWorldBurns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
State to the Lake
I need to make some dashboards by tomorrow, but idk wtf I’m doing. Not sure why I can’t make any dashboards that sorts data by customer request type

Outta all of y’all 6 cert nikkas, somebody should know the answer :damn:

UPDATE: I pulled it off y’all!

Thank you to @The Knee Grow that pointed out it was an atlassian limitation, and not just me.

Thank you @Big Blue for pointing out I needed to format the CSV file. I was able to figure out how to do it, but then I didn’t trust the export because some info was missing

So I said fukk it, let me just make some different search filters and I can grab ticket totals from that.

Thank you @cobra @TENET @Data-Hawk for helping me out with the query language. I ended up making a couple different queries to pull different cuts of data and used the numbers for my presentation. I didn’t have a fancy dashboard, so I instead invested time in making a really clean slide giving insight on 5 different data points.

My job actually prefers when ppl dumb down the data, so the presentation actually went really well, and my manager said this would definitely be positively reflected in my perf review.

And @situationlines @Obreh Winfrey @Voice of Reason yall are all right. I need to beef up my tech skills. Thank you for the resources to help me better understand Atlassian and JQL.

Which bring me to my closing topic, tough love. I appreciate everyone that encouraged me. But I also appreciate everyone that got in my shyt about getting my certs up, and being better prepared before I come for help.

@Hungerpain and @YBG wanna act like some lil hoes talkin bout “but but she called me lame before!” But I get in y’all shyt BECAUSE I actually want better for you, stupid! I was raised to tell a MF about themselves, and I’m not use to sugarcoating shyt for a grown man. But if a coach sees potential in you they’re gonna be critical. And I see potential in all black men. My hope is that I can drag y’all outta ur social awkwardness, resentment, and internalized misogyny so you can continue to evolve.

Last edited:

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Your first mistake is asking the 6 cert mafia. If you not making your own effort using google/YouTube/stackoverflow then maybe it’s just not for you :usure: STEM workers don’t give handouts without seeing the effort being put in first

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
lied-on-resume-about-being-proficient-at-microsoft-excel.JPG

AsTheWorldBurns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
State to the Lake
You about to be up all night:snoop:

Lol what kind of dashboards?

My manager wants a break down of the different issue types for all of our open Jira tickets. But we have like over 1000 tickets and I am NOT an analyst.

I tried just exporting to excel so I could easily count the data but the export to excel option isn’t available, despite me seeing the option on other Atlassian articles I researched.

Atlassian has some built in dashboard tools, but of ALL the fields they let me use to breakdown data, I do not have the option to sort by customer request type.

I saw online that there’s some type of issue searching by customer request type. A workaround was made but that’s not helping me when it comes to dashboard creation

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1583