Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
My little ass hands make this shyt so hard lol.
Getting good at the shifting lesson though :mjgrin:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
@O Fenômeno breh when you got your thumb behind the fret by being on the neck. When I use my pinky that shyt hurt a little lol. Does that mean my strat neck too thick and I should get an offset guitar instead?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Very good game for learning.
I've done a few lessons on it but haven't touched it in a while since I started going to actual lessons now.
They did a great job bringing the guitar hero format to actual guitar lessons though with Rocksmith. If I wasn't taking lessons I would still be using the game to learn. Now that I think of it, I might go back to the game since I know quite a few chords now I should be able to learn a few interesting songs.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
@O Fenômeno breh when you got your thumb behind the fret by being on the neck. When I use my pinky that shyt hurt a little lol. Does that mean my strat neck too thick and I should get an offset guitar instead?
what guitar you got again? I remember it being kinda on the cheap side..I was gonna suggest a guitar upgrade that is comfortable and just feels right when you play it.

Also you gotta think of it has training your hand muscles..so that could be just your hand getting used to being stretched and put in awkward positions.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I've done a few lessons on it but haven't touched it in a while since I started going to actual lessons now.
They did a great job bringing the guitar hero format to actual guitar lessons though with Rocksmith. If I wasn't taking lessons I would still be using the game to learn. Now that I think of it, I might go back to the game since I know quite a few chords now I should be able to learn a few interesting songs.
I gotta get a new laptop this current one can't handle it :mjcry:

I got a shyt ton of DLC on steam and pc has the custom dlc too..

Some favorite songs of mine from that game

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
what guitar you got again? I remember it being kinda on the cheap side..I was gonna suggest a guitar upgrade that is comfortable and just feels right when you play it.

Also you gotta think of it has training your hand muscles..so that could be just your hand getting used to being stretched and put in awkward positions.
Entry level Stratocaster. Called starcaster.
It actually has a nice build for entry level like I feel down the sides of the neck I can slide down smoothly opposed to other cheap guitars where the ends of the frets would cut you lol. Oh I see.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
That's dope. I've taken singing lessons before lol. I should get back to that too. I just hate that I'm more comfortable as a crooner.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Entry level Stratocaster. Called starcaster.
It actually has a nice build for entry level like I feel down the sides of the neck I can slide down smoothly opposed to other cheap guitars where the ends of the frets would cut you lol. Oh I see.
That is rare :pachaha:

I'm currently tryna pick up Summertime Blues right now.

That B7 chord :mjgrin:

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
I have an Ibanez s line that I play on rocksmith when I wanna jam. The jam band is pretty damn good for keeping you sharp and getting you through your scales when shredding metal or just playing blues solos. I also use it as a refresher on some things when I stop playing for a while.

My first guitar wad a starcaster and trust me, you'll outgrow it very, very soon. But you're right, it's a good entry level guitar

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Check out Marty Schwartz's YouTube Channel if you're looking for lessons
Marty Music

I learned to play Hotel California, Boulevard of broken dreams, and Stand by me, from watching his videos.

I have an acoustic guitar and an electric guitar.
I recommend learning to play on an acoustic guitar first if possible.
The strings on an acoustic are much thicker than an electric guitar.
I've found that going from acoustic to electric is much easier on the hands.
Playing acoustic the first few times hurts like crazy until you develop calluses.

I still have A LOT to learn, but I'm at a point where I can play a few songs pretty well without having to look at any notes/sheets.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Marty Music

I learned to play Hotel California, Boulevard of broken dreams, and Stand by me, from watching his videos.

Playing acoustic the first few times hurts like crazy until you develop calluses.

I still have A LOT to learn, but I'm at a point where I can play a few songs pretty well without having to look at any notes/sheets.
Yea I was playing my acoustic for most of the summer then when I picked up my electric the bends were so damn easier :wow:

Makes you a better player when you play acoustic.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Plan on giving it a more serious go once I rebuy my guitars and dedicate one to this game. I've got a few hurdles to overcome ( I play Left handed with the strings reversed.:mindblown:) and I've stopped trying to play Rockband's woefully inadequate pro-mode using their cheap, plastic guitar peripherial so I'd put all my stock into this one, but it's a damned nice game once you learn the basics and get a hang of how the notes scroll (Rockband/Guitar hero has ruined me for quite some time on scrolling shyt) along with finger placement/muscle memory.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Marty Music

I hated acoustic guitars when I first started learning:russ:

I actually learned backwards. I wanted to play all my favorite metal songs, then I had to learn to slow down . Funny thing about guitar is there's multiple paths to take to learning and truth be told, you never really stop because they'll always be something you wanna try. I watched many a Marty video when I first picked up though, mostly learning chili pepper songs. But yea find what works for you, and I recommend getting a fender gdec amp if you can find one. There great combo amps perfect for finding your sound:wow:

Saves a lot of money in the long run:lolbron: