Anybody signed up with the Selective Service? Would You go to War if drafted?

You Patriotic breh? Willing to die for your country breh?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if reparations for slavery is somehow involved

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Archangel

Banned
Daps
With war seemingly on the very near horizon, how many of you signed up with the selective service and would go if drafted? They tricked me into to signing up back when I was in high school and I never thought anything about it until recently. But I would never go to war for this country.

Males aged 18–26 are required to register with the Selective Service System. Knowing and willful refusal to present oneself for and submit to registration as ordered is punishable by a maximum penalty of up to five years in Federal prison and/or a fine of $250,000, although there have been no prosecutions of draft registration resisters since January 1986. Failing to register though, makes the male ineligible for certain benefits, such as Fafsa aid, federal/state jobs, and in certain states, even driver's licenses (since certain states will automatically register a male with the Selective Service System).

:childplease::camby:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You can dodge it though. I know a few that are not signed up.

Yeah, I figured that's the case, especially since they haven't bothered prosecuting anyone for resisting signing up in 30 years. I had to get financial aid for college, so I had to sign up.

I will say if a full-blown war requiring a large amount of manpower breaks out and you think you're too old to be drafted, you better take a look at the draft eligible age ranges from back when we had a draft :sas2:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
With war seemingly on the very near horizon, how many of you signed up with the selective service and would go if drafted? They tricked me into to signing up back when I was in high school and I never thought anything about it until recently. But I would never go to war for this country.

:childplease::camby:
Who you fighting for, and what are you gaining? If you go to war then your a fool.