Anybody took the Sec+ 501 yet?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I’m supposed to take it next week (still debating on taking it tomorrow actually).

I fukked up and let mines expire on some dumb shyt, now in order for me to skip a few courses for my school I need to get recertified and have to do it by next weekend.

I didn’t know how EASY it was to renew your certs. You pay the fee then pay the certmaster, take it as many times until you pass then viola!.. renewed.

I also lost my certificate/card so when companies call about it I tell them I have it (technically I do) but I’m unable to show them proof other than a passing score or transcripts.

Not that I care about that though, I usually get offered the job anyway (with the promose to recertify) it’s other things that have happened that prevent me from working there, get turned down, or get placed on hold.

Anyway, so back to 501. I’ve been using CBT nuggets and Udemy courses to study. Multiple Udemy courses actually. I plan on putting in at least 24 hours worth of studying for that in the next week because I’m also studying for another cert I want to take right after (my dumbass thought I could renew the Sec+ when I bought that voucher but then realized my shyt was expired and you cant renew expired certs:snoop:)

Anyway, anybody took the 501 yet? How was it and what did you study?

I’m also thinking about buying the certmaster for it but CompTIA is on some money grubbing BULLshyt with the way they price their test vouchers, retake vouchers, and learning shyt at over $800 (still might purchase it because I get reimbursed by GI/Bill).

Mainly my only real reason for doing it on my own is to basically speed up my courses and to skip bullshyt I already have like A+ and Sec+ towards my degree and other certs.

I should’ve took it when it was 401 and I just had to do the CE’s.