Anybody took the Sec+ 501 yet?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I’m supposed to take it next week (still debating on taking it tomorrow actually).

I fukked up and let mines expire on some dumb shyt, now in order for me to skip a few courses for my school I need to get recertified and have to do it by next weekend.

I didn’t know how EASY it was to renew your certs. You pay the fee then pay the certmaster, take it as many times until you pass then viola!.. renewed.

I also lost my certificate/card so when companies call about it I tell them I have it (technically I do) but I’m unable to show them proof other than a passing score or transcripts.

Not that I care about that though, I usually get offered the job anyway (with the promose to recertify) it’s other things that have happened that prevent me from working there, get turned down, or get placed on hold.

Anyway, so back to 501. I’ve been using CBT nuggets and Udemy courses to study. Multiple Udemy courses actually. I plan on putting in at least 24 hours worth of studying for that in the next week because I’m also studying for another cert I want to take right after (my dumbass thought I could renew the Sec+ when I bought that voucher but then realized my shyt was expired and you cant renew expired certs:snoop:)

Anyway, anybody took the 501 yet? How was it and what did you study?

I’m also thinking about buying the certmaster for it but CompTIA is on some money grubbing BULLshyt with the way they price their test vouchers, retake vouchers, and learning shyt at over $800 (still might purchase it because I get reimbursed by GI/Bill).

Mainly my only real reason for doing it on my own is to basically speed up my courses and to skip bullshyt I already have like A+ and Sec+ towards my degree and other certs.

I should’ve took it when it was 401 and I just had to do the CE’s.

(I made this in 6 6 cert 6 figures forum too but no responses really)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You better hop your ass on every practice test site you can find until you remember that shyt and pass with ease then take it next week.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the 501?

I know how easy the previous ones were... I took it while barely studying. I'm hearing different shyt about this one

And I don't like reading that dry ass shyt

Breh, the 501 is easier than the 401.

Do you work in infosec?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Breh, the 501 is easier than the 401.

Do you work in infosec?
Bruh, I've been in infosec since 2008. I got out a few years ago but still did regular IT shyt

I don't know if it's easier or not... it's the reason I asked :gucci:

I've read on other forums it is not... Because if it's easier then I'm liable to take that shyt tomorrow but I don't want to waste $300 because I wasn't properly prepared.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Read next time before responding... ok buddy

What you studying breh... what your notes looking like :patrice:

Us coli cert nikkas got to stick together:sadcam:

I have a friend that’s working on a grant that involves certain aspects of health technology....... and I’m trying to make myself as appetizing as possible.... :dame:

I have a Bachelors in CS and net plus and sec plus certs from 12 years ago.... but as you know... them old ass certs are not gon cut it in the industry nowadays.... I’ve been at my current job for 11 years... mainly focused on switches/routers and hardware q and a....

My goal is to get my CCNA, then CCNP security and comptia 501 security plus in the next 9 minutes months.... I’ve got Udemy classes and access to all the comptia prep classes via a living social voucher..... the drawback is the comptia classes are extremely dry.... hard to sit through.... even copped the Mike Meyers joint.... I may look at some online interactive classes, cause I got to get this done...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I have a friend that’s working on a grant that involves certain aspects of health technology....... and I’m trying to make myself as appetizing as possible.... :dame:

I have a Bachelors in CS and net plus and sec plus certs from 12 years ago.... but as you know... them old ass certs are not gon cut it in the industry nowadays.... I’ve been at my current job for 11 years... mainly focused on switches/routers and hardware q and a....

My goal is to get my CCNA, then CCNP security and comptia 501 security plus in the next 9 minutes months.... I’ve got Udemy classes and access to all the comptia prep classes via a living social voucher..... the drawback is the comptia classes are extremely dry.... hard to sit through.... even copped the Mike Meyers joint.... I may look at some online interactive classes, cause I got to get this done...
Compared to Microsoft, CompTIA is like a Rock movie...

I got the CCENT, MSCA, and A+ with a recently expired Sec+. I’m just trying to get this shyt out the way honestly but I don’t want them to throw some weird type questions from what they used to be.