Anyone On Here Qualified To Talk About Generic Medicine?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Because this:

"Generic drugs are copies of brand-name drugs that have exactly the same dosage, intended use, effects, side effects, route of administration, risks, safety, and strength as the original drug. In other words, their pharmacological effects are exactly the same as those of their brand-name counterparts."

Is some straight up :duck:

Silkk

Daps
@Nature Boy Ric Flair You ever had that generic adderall?

Finally got a legit script, but they gave me some cheap ass off brand shyt made by BARR that's trash as fukk :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
If you work pharmaceuticals you know it's all about the generic and trade names for these drugs. I literally look up the contents of these drugs and its the exact same then but when I reasearch prices :whoo:

Drug companies are fukk boys and I can't wait to get out of this field. I honestly think they have the cure to a lot of things but the funding these labs get (including mine) is too much to just cut off.

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Because this:

"Generic drugs are copies of brand-name drugs that have exactly the same dosage, intended use, effects, side effects, route of administration, risks, safety, and strength as the original drug. In other words, their pharmacological effects are exactly the same as those of their brand-name counterparts."

Not ducktales. For generics to be able to be sold they have to go through strict testing to prove the pharmacological effects and adverse effects are the same as the original. Patents on drugs only last for about 20 years i believe. In that 20, you're paying extra for advertisement, and all the research that went into that drug. Once that patent expires, they add to slightly or rebrand the drug to make a new patent, or other companies will formulate generics to encroach on market share.

EDIT: One of the only drugs off top i can think of that branding actually matters significantly is Synthroid and Levothyroxine. Some ppl respond to the brand name drug better. There are others but its usually not a clinically significant difference.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Because this:

BARR/Teva has a big grip on the generic market so you'll be hard pressed to find a non-brand pharmaceutical that isn't from them and from my recollection Teva is the only folks that do the generic shyt for Adderall.

Silkk

Daps
If you work pharmaceuticals you know it's all about the generic and trade names for these drugs. I literally look up the contents of these drugs and its the exact same then but when I reasearch prices :whoo:

Drug companies are fukk boys and I can't wait to get out of this field. I honestly think they have the cure to a lot of things but the funding these labs get (including mine) is too much to just cut off.
What about the effects of brand name vs generic?

Cause i've had legit adderall and it did wonders but this shyt is some shyt :pacspit:

bytch gonna tell me i can't exchange it either :pacspit:

Silkk

Daps
Not ducktales. For generics to be able to be sold they have to go through strict testing to prove the pharmacological effects and adverse effects are the same as the original. Patents on drugs only last for about 20 years i believe. In that 20, you're paying extra for advertisement, and all the research that went into that drug. Once that patent expires, they add to slightly or rebrand the drug to make a new patent, or other companies will formulate generics to encroach on market share.

EDIT: One of the only drugs off top i can think of that branding actually matters significantly is Synthroid and Levothyroxine. Some ppl respond to the brand name drug better. There are others but its usually not a clinically significant difference.
That sound good breh but my body's reaction is telling me a different story.

I read that shire makes their differently than those other assclowns so that's why it's better. But i guess if someone only had the generic they'd never know.

Kinda like when everybody was making knockoff Heisenberg formula. If people knew better, they'd do better.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC

Cause i've had legit adderall and it did wonders but this shyt is some shyt :pacspit:

I'm not sure about controlled substances what's the name of the generic you got. I don't think ive ever seen a generic controlled before. Was your mg the same was it still the same extended release/ delayed release?

Silkk

Daps
BARR/Teva has a big grip on the generic market so you'll be hard pressed to find a non-brand pharmaceutical that isn't from them and from my recollection Teva is the only folks that do the generic shyt for Adderall.
Well they can suck a dikk

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Is the dose the same? I've never heard of brand adderall and amphetamine salts producing that much of a different effect.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Because this:

Its true, for the most part.

A lot of pharmacology is about just delivering the drug to where it needs to go by understanding the tissues that will come into contact with that specific drug.

I buy OTC versions of allergy drugs for example. The active ingredient is all you need and often times, once the patent protection has run out, the drugs are literally the same. Right down to the formulation.

Silkk

Daps
I'm not sure about controlled substances what's the name of the generic you got. I don't think ive ever seen a generic controlled before. Was your mg the same was it still the same extended release/ delayed release?
Same mg, different brands

One they gave me yesterday:

D-Amphetamine Salt Com XR20MG Caps

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That sound good breh but my body's reaction is telling me a different story.

I read that shire makes their differently than those other assclowns so that's why it's better. But i guess if someone only had the generic they'd never know.

Kinda like when everybody was making knockoff Heisenberg formula. If people knew better, they'd do better.
Check my last reply....if you really want just go back to your doctor and ask for brand only on the prescription. Just be ready for no pharmacies to have the brand and if they do have it be ready to pay an arm and leg for it. Your insurance damn sure not gonna pay for it :yeshrug: