Anyone play the whole Yakuza series?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking of playing them all and wanted to see if anyone would say to play them straight together or not?

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
As good as the games are you'll get burnt out playing through the whole series. People had years to go through them. Depending on your level of commitment I'd put it like this

Express: Yakuza 0, Yakuza 7
Low investment: Y0, Y1, Y6, Y7
Medium: Y0, Y Kiwami 1 and 2, Y6, Y7
Heavy: Play everything

I'm pretty sure all the games have recaps so you'll won't be completely lost. Yakuza 1 kind of a downgrade after 0 but if you finish 0 and wanna see what happens next it's no brainer.

Technically 7 is a new start, all you're really missing out on is not knowing certain people certain characters when you see them. Playing all these games might run you the rest of the year at least :huhldup:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah games are too long, with a lot of built in grind and slowwwwwwwwwww pacing. Also 1-5 haven't aged well. Have played Y0 and Y7 which were great; playing Judgment now as well. Eagerly awaiting Y8.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Yes for the most part. I didn't play 1, 2, 3 till the remaster/Kiwami versions.

I really liked Kiwami, Kiwami II and 0. 4 Was really good
5 i've struggled through, could be burn out from the series, but I breezed through 6.

7 like like a dragon is really good but the turn base combat aspect slows it down it for me. Still playing through it. 3 has aged the worst.

Judgment 1 and 2 were great. I hope they make a 3rd.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
am out to yakuza 3.....take a break i will say...i mean 0, 1 and 2 are great so u probably will want to play em back to back,,,,yakuza 3 so far is good but outdated..

Am currently on the Judgment series( same developers, same city and yakuza, but u play a detective) great series and the combat has been perfected

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Couldn't get through 7. I was willing to play that goofy shyt for the story and sub stories until it locked me out of the story because I needed armor :childplease:

But I'm playing as a homeless man and need to literally scavenge money for it :camby::camby::camby::camby::camby:

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
If you're gonna play them all space out the playthroughs

Like the first dude said you can burnout real quick playing these back to back. All are still worth playing imo

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Played 3 of them but as others have mentioned, if you try to play them back to back it's overwhelming.
Even the best of game series are hard to play back to back immediately without a break and Yakuza has a dope story but isn't in the top tier of gaming.
The gameplay loop itself gets repetitive quickly and the areas are recycled heavily throughout the series.
Dope games...I just wouldn't ever recommend trying to beat them all back to back.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Played Y0-Y7 last year and beat both judgement games recently.

I’d play no more then 2-3 games in a row before taking a break to play something else. If you like the character building and storytelling it’s worth playing them all. Y3 is the most outdated gameplay-wise and will test your love for the series, but aside from that, I had a damn good time playing through the games and it’s one of my all time favorite series :ehh: