Anyone try Whole30? *My Whole30 Experience*

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
I need to kick this weightloss into high gear. The last week of July I have a trip to Miami, and straight after that I'm going to New Orleans. I would like to lose 20 pounds in the next 2 month. Is that realistic? So far I've been able to drop 1/2 to 1 pound a week with exercise 5 times a week, and a somewhat good diet(minus the sweet tooth). I've read that whole 30 is strict, but Its a good "reset" diet. Plus its only 30 days, so I think I can manage.

Thoughts?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
My best friend did whole 30. She liked it for the most part but she said it was super tedious looking at everything you buy making sure it fits into the diet. Also it was time consuming cooking.I can't remember what kind of results she got she already a. skinny ass white girl but she liked how it reset her body. Made her feel refreshed.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
My best friend did whole 30. She liked it for the most part but she said it was super tedious looking at everything you buy making sure it fits into the diet. Also it was time consuming cooking.I can't remember what kind of results she got she already a. skinny ass white girl but she liked how it reset her body. Made her feel refreshed.
Yea I want to do it mainly for the reset. Cooking won't be a problem, I'm used to meal prepping already.

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
I need to kick this weightloss into high gear. The last week of July I have a trip to Miami, and straight after that I'm going to New Orleans. I would like to lose 20 pounds in the next 2 month. Is that realistic? So far I've been able to drop 1/2 to 1 pound a week with exercise 5 times a week, and a somewhat good diet(minus the sweet tooth). I've read that whole 30 is strict, but Its a good "reset" diet. Plus its only 30 days, so I think I can manage.

Thoughts?
save your time and run psmf. your a woman so it won't even be that difficult. 500-600 calories of pure protein and green vegiies. will get you the best results in the time you want

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
So I'm just using this as my Whole30 diary. You can respond if you want, read if you want, or not. I'm just doing it for me really. The only thing that's cut out is dairy, grains and added sugar. So my food choices didn't really change. I just have to real labels more carefully(never knew there was sugar is chicken broth and a lot of other things). Or just make stock and sauces myself. Which I do anyway unless I'm being lazy that week.

Anyway, Days 1-4 was tough. Lack of (added) sugar had me feeling tired and lethargic all the time. And I had trouble sleeping days 1 and 2.

Days 3 & 4 I was actually sleeping better than I ever did before. But was still tired.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Today is Day 5. Suprisingly I woke up energized. I'm not sleepy or tired. Breakfast is leftover salmon, cauliflower rice and broccoli. Let's see how I feel at the end of the day though.

I'm also more regular than I've ever been in these 5 days

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
One week down in this Whole30< and I'm feeling pretty good. I havent worked out all week, because I've been so tired from lack of sweet and grains that I'm used to. But now I feel like I have some natural energy. Will be running tomorrow morning. Let's see if I still got it.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I think everything works as long as you're honest and consistent

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Day 9.

My craving for sugar came back:lupe:

I'm also feeling a little tired again. But I started back running AND lifting weights again this week, so maybe I'm not eating enough? I didnt work out for 2 weeks(being lazy), so maybe my body is just getting used to it again? I only eat a banana after my workouts, because I dont want to carry an extra meal with me(I already bring breakfast and lunch to work/school).

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Tomorrow starts week 3.

My face has cleared up perfectly, and my eczema hasn't flared:blessed:

I think I might make this a long term thing:patrice: