Anyone Who Agrees With Erykah Badu Is An Idiot

Daps
Reppin
the land of oochie wally AND one mic
Wasn't gonna respond to everyone in this thread: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/hotep-on-hotep-violence-erikha-badu-vs-twitter-feminists.418344/

So I decided to create a separate one just to air my grievances about this flawed ass logic that girls/women should dress a certain way in order to avoid being violated/attacked.

It doesn't matter what a woman/girl wears. They can and are often subjected to objectification, harassment, etc. by men just for being of the opposite sex. I know first-hand since I've experienced these things from the beginning stages of puberty to now. And I was ALWAYS fully clothed; usually wore hoodies, jeans, and t-shirts.

Even women in the Middle East whom wear hijabs (a clothing item that covers everything but their eyes) are sexually assaulted and raped.

Why isn't the onus being put on predators to stop being fukking predators? Or for creeps to stop being fukking creeps? Why is Erykah talking about men as if y'all are barbaric creatures that are controlled by their dikks and incapable of acting like civilized human beings? :dahell:

What about boys who get targeted and abused? Should they watch what they wear as well to prevent the same fate? Don't y'all see how fukking stupid this sounds? The focus should be punishing the people who target the victims, not dictating what the victims wear as if that's somehow correlated to a pervert's attraction to them.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
images

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Clothes either send a message or they don't.

And if they don't, then holla with them adidas jumpsuit job interview pics.

Holla with them g string wedding dresses.

Curious to see that since clothes don't say anything. :coffee:

Nobody here thinks clothes invite assault or abuse.

But they are a reflection.
:coffee:

Daps
like I said in the other thread, there's some self interest in people wanting to make sure the youth look nice and puritan. Like how people used to get all in their feelings about how young men sagged their pants as if it was some huge social issue. Adults want young people in line with no glaring "issues" and certain clothing is a red flag for certain adults. I understand it but I just don't like putting the responsibility for pedos and ephebophiles on kids. It's not their fault.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
like I said in the other thread, there's some self interest in people wanting to make sure the youth look nice and puritan. Like how people used to get all in their feelings about how young men sagged their pants as if it was some huge social issue. Adults want young people in line with no glaring "issues" and certain clothing is a red flag for certain adults. I understand it but I just don't like putting the responsibility for pedos and ephebophiles on kids. It's not their fault.

If they can't follow a simple dress code in school, what makes you think they're going to do it as adults?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
If they can't follow a simple dress code in school, what makes you think they're going to do it as adults?

B-I-N-G-O.

I disagree with Erykah on how much the length of the skirts matter, but ultimately this is it.
Kids are supposedly going to school to learn how to act when they are adults - and with a dress code,
they gon' learn today.

Daps
I'm not talking about if dress codes are justified or not, I'm saying that trying to enforce a dress code by implying that you will get targetted sexually by scary adult teachers if you don't abide by it is kind of wrong.
Dress codes are a part of life.