Apple 9/9/15 Event Thread (iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, AppleTv, iPad Pro...)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nice :ehh: A few hundred bucks could sway me into to buying one since my 2 year old took my iPad Air and hits me with the :birdman: if I even look at it wrong.

Im 6'3 with big hands, so the pro is a good soze too me, id reccomend going in and playing with it. I got 32 gb since i will be using it pretty much as a shell to tap into to VMs for school work. I went to best buy first to play with the surfacebook and its nice and all but it is not snappy or at least the model they had on display, when i detached the screen to use it as a tablet the joint froze and thats unacceptable for a 1.5k-3k machine.

Ric_Moon

Rookie
Daps
Brehs, I got a question.

I got a 6s plus and I wanted to get it unlocked and AT&T won't do it.. :francis:

Is there any way to get it unlocked?

If the phone is paid off, AT&T should unlock it for free. Are you on the AT&T Next program? If you owe money on it and you're on a traditional plan (not Next) you can get dudes on craigslist to unlock it for $20-$30. For some reason phones on the Next plans can't be unlocked until paid off.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Im 6'3 with big hands, so the pro is a good soze too me, id reccomend going in and playing with it. I got 32 gb since i will be using it pretty much as a shell to tap into to VMs for school work. I went to best buy first to play with the surfacebook and its nice and all but it is not snappy or at least the model they had on display, when i detached the screen to use it as a tablet the joint froze and thats unacceptable for a 1.5k-3k machine.

Yeah I finally have my stuff centralized so I would only need the base model storage wise for any device I buy. I'm looking at my empty 256 GB MBP drive like :francis:

I was already kind of skeptical on the surface book's advertised performance, so I'm definitely not surprised. Especially if it wasn't the top of line model.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The surface book and the ipad pro aren't even in the same class. If you didn't realize that, then the ipad pro is likely most suited to your needs.

No one in the market for a surface book laptop is going to be happy with an ipad as an alternative.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The surface book and the ipad pro aren't even in the same class. If you didn't realize that, then the ipad pro is likely most suited to your needs.

No one in the market for a surface book laptop is going to be happy with an ipad as an alternative.
They arent in the same class yet the surface book still had a buggy UI. Lol the surface book is just another windows laptop, the ipad is still an ipad. What i needed was something to access windows wither its native or via VM, so I can do lab work.

Whats confusing here? Only reason i brought up the windows machine was for the price it still want smooth.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York
can apple do it? where did you buy your phone at? and did you buy it outright? mines came unlocked from apple.

If the phone is paid off, AT&T should unlock it for free. Are you on the AT&T Next program? If you owe money on it and you're on a traditional plan (not Next) you can get dudes on craigslist to unlock it for $20-$30. For some reason phones on the Next plans can't be unlocked until paid off.

I bought it from AT&T and I did the 2 year contract :francis:

Bad move :francis:

I bought my last iPhone (one before this one from Apple outright with the extra AppleCare)

I don't know why I decided to be cheap and buy this one directly from AT&T :francis:

They gave me $50 off so I ended up getting the 64GB 6s Plus for $350 :manny:

I went on Craigslist and I couldn't find anyone that does it or maybe I just don't know where to look or what to look for. But I did some Googles and they were saying that you need an IMEI unlock not a hardware or software unlock because those are fake and only the IMEI unlock is what works.

Help me, brehs :mjcry:

Ric_Moon

Rookie
Daps
I went on Craigslist and I couldn't find anyone that does it or maybe I just don't know where to look or what to look for. But I did some Googles and they were saying that you need an IMEI unlock not a hardware or software unlock because those are fake and only the IMEI unlock is what works.

Help me, brehs :mjcry:

On Craigslist just search for iPhone unlock. If nothing comes, I'd be shocked. You get your IMEI number from the device info on the iPhone. Whoever unlocks it needs that IMEI, which should be 15-16 numbers.

Even if AT&T said they can't do it, still try their device unlock website and enter your info. They'll email you within a few minutes letting you know if they'll unlock it or not.

KnickstapeCity

Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York
On Craigslist just search for iPhone unlock. If nothing comes, I'd be shocked. You get your IMEI number from the device info on the iPhone. Whoever unlocks it needs that IMEI, which should be 15-16 numbers.

Even if AT&T said they can't do it, still try their device unlock website and enter your info. They'll email you within a few minutes letting you know if they'll unlock it or not.

Yeah when I search that, I get ads for people selling unlocked iPhones :francis:

I tried the website and I keep getting denied.. :mjcry:

Ric_Moon

Rookie
Daps
Yeah when I search that, I get ads for people selling unlocked iPhones :francis:

I tried the website and I keep getting denied.. :mjcry:

Damn, I checked for myself and you're right. I don't know what to tell you. Houston's Craigslist is so full of ads for phone unlocking and phone repair that it's hard to find what you're actually looking for. Not a damn thing on NYC's Craigslist. That's crazy.

Ric_Moon

Rookie
Daps
Maybe try searching another city like Houston to find someone who can unlock it, give them a call, and see if they can do it.

It doesn't have to be in person. You can be in NYC and call someone in LA to unlock it over the phone. You give them the IMEI number and they give you a code to unlock it, then you can send them the money through PayPal or something.

KnickstapeCity

Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York
Damn, I checked for myself and you're right. I don't know what to tell you. Houston's Craigslist is so full of ads for phone unlocking and phone repair that it's hard to find what you're actually looking for. Not a damn thing on NYC's Craigslist. That's crazy.

Maybe try searching another city like Houston to find someone who can unlock it, give them a call, and see if they can do it.

It doesn't have to be in person. You can be in NYC and call someone in LA to unlock it over the phone. You give them the IMEI number and they give you a code to unlock it, then you can send them the money through PayPal or something.

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
1A1FE48A-1900-4B72-A2AA-F12098EAA6CA_zpszvghhxiq.png

running Windows via VMware and The Coli @ the same damn time on this iPad pro and its smooth as butter
:wow::banderas:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
thats on a Ipad? How you do that :wtf:
assuming you have VMware just download VMware Horizon and enter your server name, then the new OS has split screen, but on the iPad Pro certain apps can do full split screen (should be all eventually when devs update)

windows was moving like I was on a laptop, can wait till the keyboard cases are not on backorder/more come out :wow: