Apple Officially Announced its Apple Music Service (Drake is onboard) :sadTidal:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Apple Music
Naturally, Tim Cook ended the keynote with the traditional “one more thing” tease. Today, Apple officially confirmed Apple Music, its streaming service powered by iTunes. Users can search their content on “My Music,” or find song recommendations in the “For You” tab. It’ll also show you the song that’s coming up next to prepare your ear drums.

To power “For You,” Apple Music will ask about your musical preferences to source songs, artists and playlists. You can also browse “Hot Tracks,” “Recent Releases,” “Top Charts” and even ad-free music videos.

Siri will also work with contextually with Apple Music when you prompt for things like “Play me the top songs from 1982″ or “Play that song from ‘Selma.'”

To talk more about Apple Music, Beats’ Jimmy Iovine joined Cook on stage. He says Apple Music will give users “the right song, at the right moment” – one way of doing this is via its radio station, Beats1. Guess where that name comes from.

Beats1 is a 24/7 global radio station, hosted by former BBC Radio One DJ Zane Lowe. The service hopes to not only play great music, but help users discover new content. Artists can upload their work to Apple Music Connect to help increase their exposure, regardless of whether they’re signed.

Apple’s even got Drake on stage to talk about Connect and how modern musicians can connect to their fans.

Apple Music will launch on June 30 for $9.99 a month. A family plan will also be available for $14.99 a month for up to six members. Android support is coming in the fall.

Yesterday at the Midem music industry conference in Cannes, Sony Music CEO Doug Morris confirmed that Apple would announce its streaming service at its Worldwide Developers Conference. "It’s happening tomorrow," Morris said, according to a report from VentureBeat.

Such an announcement has been expected to come at WWDC for some time, and last week The Wall Street Journal reported that it was in fact happening — Morris' statement just confirms already fairly solid suspicions. But during his interview at Midem, Morris also discussed some of his personal feelings toward streaming services as a veteran of the music industry. According to Redef, Morris says Apple's revitalized foray into the streaming world signifies a "tipping point" that will return the music industry to its former economic glory.

He also commented on ad-supported streaming models, saying "Spotify has never really advertised because it’s still not profitable. I think that Apple will advertise and the result of this will have halo effect on the entire streaming service [market]," Redef reports.

Morris didn't give any further details as to the features Apple's service will offer. Last week, WSJ reported the service would cost $10 per month for unlimited music with no free, ad-supported tier.

As of Friday, Apple had yet to sign deals with Morris' Sony Music, or Universal Music Group, or Warner Music Group, but will likely make the announcement even if the deals are not solidified. WWDC will take place tomorrow, June 8th at 10AM PT / 1PM ET from the Moscone Center in San Francisco.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/7/8742761/apple-music-streaming-launch-confirmation
:lupe:

Last edited by a moderator:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
gonna force another U2 album on us :snoop:
Ugh!!! The day I saw that shyt and thought someone stole my credit card(idk why they would buy a U2 album on iTunes) but I was too mad and paranoid. :blessed:Still greatful to the person who posted the link on how to get rid of that shyt. U2 is cool but not when its forced on me.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Such an announcement has been expected to come at WWDC for some time, and last week The Wall Street Journal reported that it was in fact happening — Morris' statement just confirms already fairly solid suspicions. But during his interview at Midem, Morris also discussed some of his personal feelings toward streaming services as a veteran of the music industry. According to Redef, Morris says Apple's revitalized foray into the streaming world signifies a "tipping point" that will return the music industry to its former economic glory.

He also commented on ad-supported streaming models, saying "Spotify has never really advertised because it’s still not profitable. I think that Apple will advertise and the result of this will have halo effect on the entire streaming service [market]," Redef reports.

Morris didn't give any further details as to the features Apple's service will offer. Last week, WSJ reported the service would cost $10 per month for unlimited music with no free, ad-supported tier.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/7/8742761/apple-music-streaming-launch-confirmation

:lupe:

:francis: How is apple supposed to compete with Spotify's Free-tier?