April Parker Jones on why Black Men and Women need to only date one another

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
So you missed the part where she said we know eachother and can heal EACHOTHER?
She didnt make it all about trauma.
I don't think 2 people can heal each other in the way she's saying tho. We've been doing what she's talking about anyways and look at the state of our families. It's time to come together from a different space - not a space of we both got trauma, you gotta fix me and take all the BS I throw at you. I definitely know Black women have been saying they tired of having to fix or build up Black men. shyt ain't working. Therapy is where you get your mind right - we gotta get our youth mentally healthy so they don't grow to be mentally unstable adults who need healing.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
I don't think 2 people can heal each other in the way she's saying tho. We've been doing what she's talking about anyways and look at the state of our families. It's time to come together from a different space - not a space of we both got trauma, you gotta fix me and take all the BS I throw at you. I definitely know Black women have been saying they tired of having to fix or build up Black men. shyt ain't working. Therapy is where you get your mind right - we gotta get our youth mentally healthy so they don't grow to be mentally unstable adults who need healing.
What culture did you grown up in?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Sounds good...:yeshrug:

We all fukked up tho...
We all might wanna just stay to our fukking selves lol

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I agree
That why reparations is needed.
90% of our problems stem from poverty and lack of access to resources.
But you cant say you dont believe what she said and you claim ADOS.
ADOS is a manifestation of what she said.
I'm saying we've been doing what she's saying and it's not working in today's world where people have options. You can''t shame/convince a Black man or Black woman into dating another Black person because yall share the same trauma and yall need to heal each other. That's just not cutting it in today's dating world for many ADOS men and women. I think we can date and build in a different way.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
I'm saying we've been doing what she's saying and it's not working in today's world where people have options. You can''t shame/convince a Black man or Black woman into dating another Black person because yall share the same trauma and yall need to heal each other. That's just not cutting it in today's dating world for many ADOS men and women. I think we can date and build in a different way.
Nobody shamed anyone.
If you want to advocate interracial relationships so be it.
But thats not what she was talking about.
If youre not building with an ADOS future than are you really building?
I dont have anything against anyone dating who they want but just dont act as if we moving the same and we arent.
Everyone cant be doing whatever they want then calling it a community. Thats how we got here in the first place.
As far as I see it if youre not for Black love you shouldnt even be in this conversation.

just move on over to a thread about interracial dating and discuss your views with them.
Everything isnt for everybody.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
m2q3b9M.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Whatever issues we each may have, we all deal with being Black behind enemy lines. And that’s really all that matters.

What she saying sounds good but it’s not reality. When it comes to women most of them ain’t trying to struggle with you

• Dap
Reactions: Meh