Arcadium’s Official -Game Of The Year 2022- thread

What was your game of the year for 2022?

• Pokemon Legends Arceus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pentiment

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sifu

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Gran Turismo 7

• Marvel’s Midnight Suns

• Stray

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• God of War Ragnarok

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Kirby and The Forgotten Lands

• Vampire Survivors

• Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

• High on Life

• Other

Votes: 8 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I'm really torn between HFW and GOWR. Horizon man...that shyt was an experience. Even now it's still the most beautiful game I've ever played. The story imo was captivating and unpredictable. Great pacing and full of content. Also, veeeery challenging.

GOWR hit all those marks too though and it's also more recent in my mind as I just beat it. I'll give the edge to GOW though simply because of how often I was getting my ass beat. I died a lot in HFW but death was very common for me in GoWR. I appreciated the challenges and strategies needed to win those battles. GoWR is my Goty.

Edit : never played Elden ring. Not my style of game

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Well up till Xenoblade Chronicles 3 got released I basically was playing '21 games. Tales of Arise, SMT V, NieR Replicant, Kuro no Kiseki. The only '22 games I have played so far was XC 3 and FE 3 Hopes (In progress). Still for typical JRPG's you won't do much better and its a series that continue to improve on both its strengths and weak points in each entry granted. It's the only '22 game I beat actually.

Still waiting to make sure Elden Ring gets all of its content released before getting my run in it.

'23 def has me more interested in playing games day 1. Fire Emblem Engage, Star Wars Jedi Survivor, Zelda, FF XVI & Spiderman 2.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Damn...this is hard.
I enjoyed a few of these joints this Year.
I have to give it to the joint I spent more time on, though.
My Love for God of War: Ragnarok is immense because it had everything I love about a Single Player joint. The Story and the emotion was fukking phenomenal. The pacing was on point, and it did what came to do, entertain me and wrap up a great story, but Elden Ring took it for me. There was a lot in that world. It kicked my ass but I actually wanted to push forward, which I've never done in a Soulstype joint.
Had God of War came out earlier in the year, I probably would've chose that, but as I stated, Elden Ring had me locked for a minute. 189 Hours, actually. That's 100 hours more than I put in GoW.
It actually made me go back to Sekiro to Platinum it.
Where as God of War just made me take a break from Gaming and focus on Fatherhood.
I loved them both.
Both impacted me differently.
I love gaming, but the OG needs a Break to focus on the Future.

Honorable Mention goes to Sifu. I loved it and can't wait to see how they incorporate that combat in other games.
I'm still amazed by it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn...this is hard.
I enjoyed a few of these joints this Year.
I have to give it to the joint I spent more time on, though.
My Love for God of War: Ragnarok is immense because it had everything I love about a Single Player joint. The Story and the emotion was fukking phenomenal. The pacing was on point, and it did what came to do, entertain me and wrap up a great story, but Elden Ring took it for me. There was a lot in that world. It kicked my ass but I actually wanted to push forward, which I've never done in a Soulstype joint.
Had God of War came out earlier in the year, I probably would've chose that, but as I stated, Elden Ring had me locked for a minute. 189 Hours, actually. That's 100 hours more than I put in GoW.
It actually made me go back to Sekiro to Platinum it.
Where as God of War just made me take a break from Gaming and focus on Fatherhood.
I loved them both.
Both impacted me differently.
I love gaming, but the OG needs a Break to focus on the Future.

Honorable Mention goes to Sifu. I loved it and can't wait to see how they incorporate that combat in other games.
I'm still amazed by it.

Agree with this

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I want to thank @Gizmo_Duck for reaching across platform lines and personally inviting me to cast a vote for Arcadium Game Of The Year. There may be hope for gaming yet in 2023. Thank You, Gizmo. :handshake:

With that said, as the St. Louis representative of the Xpublican party I would like to cast my vote for Game Of The Year as. . .

Other - DeathLoop

I don't care that it came out on PS5 in 2021, it didn't get full release until 2022!!
I never played Elden Ring!
tenor.gif