• No

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I like the designs/colors a lot but gah at that sticker tag ($600 and up). In general I go by what catches my eye, then uhh learn the price haha so yes I actually like them didn’t know M was that $ level.

For current or previous owners, do they last/how long? Any superior resistance to elements, glare etc? Are they considered collectibles?

I generally stick to Citizen/AK/Seiko max out at about $250 for a watch.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I've gotten 2 and loved them both, got one 6 years ago and the newest one is about 3 years old.

They are nice "respectable" watches to wear to go out, everyday people and women compliment me on them but the watch conoisseurs and hypebeasts scoff at them. They only put respect on stuff like Rolexes, APs, etc

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
this is helpful, thank you-is there anything in particular quality or feature-wise that stands out about them? Or would I be mainly paying for the name?

I wouldn't really know tbh because I didn't dig that deep I just found a few at a local store and went for it, what I do know is that if you get a leather band it will wear out eventually, mine did. It can be replaced for a fee depending on the model.

The stainless steel ones pretty much last for a long time, mine still looks brand new other than a few scratches.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
not an owner but movado gets a lot of hate from online watch nerds at least, i think that's because they were doing high(er) horology for over 100 years then shifted to quartz watches. i just think they're poor value, for example look at this one, ur spending 2 racks for a $25 quartz movement, questionable materials and poor water resistance. :hhh:

as far as resale goes very few watches hold their value and movado doesn't, even during this insane market

citizen/seiko i have a pretty high opinion of, you can tick off all the boxes for a collection with just either brand on ur budget

i will say tho that if you enjoy one, the best watch you can have is sumn that you like wearing on ur wrist. most ppl can't name a single watch company besides rolex or timex anyway :pachaha:

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
not an owner but movado gets a lot of hate from online watch nerds at least, i think that's because they were doing high(er) horology for over 100 years then shifted to quartz watches. i just think they're poor value, for example look at this one, ur spending 2 racks for a $25 quartz movement, questionable materials and poor water resistance. :hhh:

as far as resale goes very few watches hold their value and movado doesn't, even during this insane market

citizen/seiko i have a pretty high opinion of, you can tick off all the boxes for a collection with just either brand on ur budget

i will say tho that if you enjoy one, the best watch you can have is sumn that you like wearing on ur wrist. most ppl can't name a single watch company besides rolex or timex anyway :pachaha:
Thank you, thank you the first paragraph is what I was asking. Pos rep.