Are you a fool if you buy Xmas gifts for relatives but they never buy one for you?

Daps
Is it kindness or being a pushover?

Got a relative who buys gifts for 10 individual relatives each year but only 2/10 people give them a gift back. Its been this way for atleast 14 years

I be like :snoop:

Daps
this would be me. i don't think like that though, it just makes me happy to see them happy and that usually happens when they have a bright shiny object or money lol.
im the one that's buying everyone a round of drinks when we are out as well. just trying to spread love :yeshrug:

plus not everybody has the money to buy gifts. sometimes they get me back, sometimes they don't

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
I don’t mind but when the person starts REQUESTING a certain item as a gift nah that’s foul. Looking at you grandma :martin:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
this would be me....it just makes me happy to see them happy.....just trying to spread love.....
No. I personally enjoy gift giving but I never want anything in return.....
-If you're doing it out of goodwill/kindness/etc like above then no, nothing wrong with that at all. If you're buying people gifts expecting them to do the same & they never do it's foolish.
-I only buy things for kids so I don't expect anything back.

Daps

-If you're doing it out of goodwill/kindness/etc like above then no, nothing wrong with that at all. If you're buying people gifts expecting them to do the same & they never do it's foolish.

i def don't expect anything back because i buy myself whatever i want and my taste is expensive anyway. half the stuff i receive i end up re-giftin or don't use :huhldup:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

I do Christmas for the kids and sometimes I might buy my siblings a gift but I definitely do birthday gifts out of the kindness of my heart all the time