Artist Gives Big Screen X-MEN Comics-Accurate Designs

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Artist Gives Big Screen X-MEN Comics-Accurate Designs

by Eric Diaz • Jul 14 2020

0 COMMENTS
The X-Men films are currently in a state of limbo, due to the Disney merger with Fox. However, after 20 years and 12 films, it is pretty much accepted that Marvel’s mutants will be rebooted into the MCU. There are many different theories as to just how this will be accomplished. But it is almost certain that when we next see Storm, Wolverine, and the rest, they will be in all-new incarnations. And now, thanks to Playstation art director Raf Grassetti, we have a good idea what they could look like. Or at least, what they should look like!

Many fans have been hoping that the eventual MCU versions of Xavier’s students will resemble their comic book counterparts more, at least in terms of their costuming. And since the MCU has never had a problem embracing the bright colors of the comic book page, this is a real possibility. Grassetti has created incredible designs for several of the most iconic X-Men, as he hopes they will appear when they make their reappearance. And if Grassetti’s name sounds familiar at all, it’s because he was responsible for the realistic interpretations of several Batman: The Animated Series characters.

Storm, in the original X-Men films, was always fairly comics accurate, even with Halle Berry’s somewhat questionable wigs. But Grassetti’s version looks even more like the comic book version of Ororo Munroe, right on down to her signature headpiece.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
These are dope.

I personally felt that most of the comic suits wouldn't have translated well to the big screen. These could've worked.

It doesn’t matter. It’s not real life, it’s comic book movie. If that’s the case every comic book character on the big screen would be running around like Batman in some tactical suit. Smh. Fox took the WOAT approach to portraying a team with iconic costume designs.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Since they saying wolverine will not be in the MCU anytime soon they'll probably do Cyclops more justice

man I hope so..... Cyclops always been my fav Xman. And him being weak is one of the main reasons I never really be high on any of the Xmen movies. I sit watching how he’s been handled with the :francis: face.

I thought the last 3 was gonna do him justice but it was all about Mystique

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
man I hope so..... Cyclops always been my fav Xman. And him being weak is one of the main reasons I never really be high on any of the Xmen movies. I sit watching how he’s been handled with the :francis: face.

I thought the last 3 was gonna do him justice but it was all about Mystique
The Fox films played favorites with Wolverine and Mystique and threw off the dynamic of the team. One reason why I dislike the wolverine and the X-men cartoon.