Artist paints Michelle Obama, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Artist paints Michelle Obama, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence

An artist painted Michelle Obama and other women in politics as battered women as part of a campaign to speak out against domestic violence.

Italian artist AleXsandro Palombo depicted Obama and several political women with bruises and scars on their faces for International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, accompanied by the text “Just because I’m a woman.”

Other women included in the series were German Chancellor Angela Merkel, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), French first lady Brigitte Macron, head of India’s main opposition party Sonia Gandhi and leader of Myanmar Aung San Suu Kyi.

The posters hung up in Milan also feature captions below the photos that say, “I am a victim of domestic abuse. I am paid less. I've experienced genital mutilation. I do not have the right to dress as I want. I can't decide who I'm going to marry. I was raped."

The artwork also says violence against women affects all people “regardless of race, class or religion.”

Palombo said he wants a "real response from institutions” on violence against women, according to BBC. His goal is “to illustrate the drama that affects millions of women throughout the world ... with the aim of denouncing, raising awareness and obtaining a real response from institutions and politics."

The artist released a similar campaign in 2015 featuring celebrities, like Kristen Stewart and Angelina Jolie, with bruises and scars. He has also run campaigns like Disabled Disney Princesses and The Simpsons Go to Auschwitz.

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
In a thousand years future humans will not understand the context of this art.

Meanwhile most modern humans will be confused and disgusted and a few deviant modern humans will enjoy it a little too much.

A lose, lose idea.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
What an exceedingly contrived way to go about making a point few in Milan, much less wider Italy, will even pay any mind to.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
In a thousand years future humans will not understand the context of this art.

Meanwhile most modern humans will be confused and disgusted and a few deviant modern humans will enjoy it a little too much.

A lose, lose idea.

the same can be said about a lot of art made in the past. e.g Michelangelo David statue

Last edited:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Disturbed. Has to more elegant ways to make the same point. Can't knock the hustle though.

fukking with your mind is what great art is supposed to do.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
fukk that Aung chick:pacspit:, she like no other shows just how baseless the Nobel peace Prize is.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Michelle, happily married to the first Black President at one time said "I'm a single mother".

:francis:

(Tinfoil time lol)

Now is participating in some shyt that seems to be subconsciously linking black men as the face of spousal abuse.

Best buds with war criminal G.W. Bush.
Made "it ain't about race, it's about attitude" type comments in her recent book.

Man these elite blacks be all types of off code.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I don't condone but I want ragdoll some of my female co-workers today. bytches for no reason

• Dap
Reactions: TEH