As a fan of Mac Dre and Suga Free, I am proud of this new style I hear coming out of Flint and Detroit - Louie Ray, Rio Da Yung OG, YN Jay

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Rio Da Young OG, Louie Ray, YN Jay, RMC Mike. The entertainment value of these rappers is bar for bar offering some of the highest entertainment value in this business

I’ve just discovered this subculture and I have been monitoring it under a microscope. I am going through the catalogs of the three rappers mentioned above. A reoccuring theme is the duo Louie Ray and Rio and Louie Ray and YN Jay, RNC Mike and Rio, RMC Mike and YN Jay, a lot of reappearing characters. All featured verses sre holding their own weight and have the presence of a unique star. Whereas in other movements you may of seen the prominent rapper allowing a bunch of features from rappers they associate with that aren’t too good or can’t carry an album of their own. I listened to this stuff and as I go through the features I discover a new rapper from the movement and I go “is this go sustaining this level of bar for bar entertainment value throughout his whole catalog?”. Often the answer is yes.

This is a very unique somewhat offbeat, one liner style, with flows ranging from slick to smooth

Anyone know more about the origins of this style? I will post links in this thread as I come across the most entertaining songs of the bunch

What I like about this style is it is actually a high level skill to offer such a consistent high value of entertainment per bar. Some of these rappers are also melodically gifted would come mean they will be able to crossover this style in mainstream culture someday

Somebody share more information about the origins of this stuff

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
As far as the recent Detroit flow evolution with the extra comedic bars Bfb Da Packman and Sada Baby are definitely the pioneers until somebody proves me wrong

def getting mac dre vibes but also a little

and

Happy to see an example of new flow coming out of the LA area

I’m fascinated by the lynguistic neurology of these flows

Here in this video the studio footage lets you in on the whole process

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I got nothing but love and respect for the state of Michigan and its culture as some of my favorite entertainers are from there, but these new Michigan nikkas are trash.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I got nothing but love and respect for the state of Michigan and its culture as some of my favorite entertainers are from there, but these new Michigan nikkas are trash.
There’s a high level of entertainment value here, maybe you need to have a sense of humor