As an Eminem fan I can't rock with what he said on "bang"

Sinister

Banned
Daps
First of all his verse doesn't match Conway's at all. The flow sounded weird. The subject matter and tone was completely different. But let's set all of that aside.

He said he smoked Canibus...he was a fan of his it sucked to have to hand him his ass...

Yeah...that never happened like that. Em is really trying to act like he gave Canibus the MGK, Zino, Everlast treatment. With those guys you have clear cut flat out direct diss songs towards Em and superior and direct responses to them. With Canibus it's almost like a Jay vs Cam thing in that the shots were so few and indirect it's like it never happened.

With Role model (and that "freestyle" that was recycled into "get you mad") the way Em mentioned Bis was AMBIGUOUS (kind of like Joyner's "rappin like Ras Kass" line in his Tory Lanez diss). It's basically impossible to say whether the name drops were compliments or insults.

Em said he thought "phuck u" sounded like it was about him yet he didn't respond. When he thought Everlast was talking about him on the "ear drums pop" remix or when MGK was taking shots at him on "mosh pit/no reason" he responded directly and hard.

Fun fact: the only time Canibus directly made a full song dissing Eminem by name was airstrike (popstar killer) and only D12 and Royce addressed it with Em having his head in the sand. Canibytch was very clearly recorded during the Eminem Show era yet leaked deep into the era where Shady/G-unit/Aftermath were enamored in that beef with Benzino, Murder Inc, and to a lesser degree Royce Da 5'9. With the exception of 50 Cent and Wayne's "Louisianamal" people in hip hop generally ignore old unreleased disses that come out later...especially leaks. Canibus was actually oversees in the army when the song became public. He was not in a position to respond at that time.

Don't get me wrong here and take me as some sort of Canibus Stan. If Canibus said he killed Eminem I'd feel the same way. The entire Bis/Em on wax battle was both sides backing down to one another and bs'ing around.

Airstrike was made so long after Em dissed Bis that I can't take it seriously. It's like MC Shan responding to "da bridge is over" 30 years later.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Hands off the white boy. If it wasn't for Rap Gawd we wouldn't have what we are blessed to know as The Gawdfather.:mjcry:

Rap Gawd forgive them.
1nQk0hF.png

giphy.gif

I'm being serious too.
VHzE1EV.png

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Em said he thought "phuck u" sounded like it was about him yet he didn't respond.

He responded twice to "Phuk U" and 'C True Hollywood Stories' subliminals on 'Eminem Show.' The intro on 'Without Me' is mocking the line he spit on 'Box Cutter' and he takes a jab on 'Square Dance' mentioning Canibus by name. Eminem was actually the one who said fuk all these subliminals i'm calling u out by name.............. Canibus subliminally responded with Dr CPHD were he mentions he caught the jab and on "Cirriculum 101" But again they were subliminals. Em was the only one who called out Canibus straight up during that era. And aside from "canibytch" leaking a year late......Em continued to mock Canibus randomly after that.

And how did Canibus respond to all that after coming home from the army? He did the song "Industry Lifestyle" were it seems like he's waving the white flag and wants to be cool with Em...but again its subliminal.

Technically he did smoke him and handed him his ass because "Square Dance" put Canibus on the spot.......Up until that point no one outside of LL had called Bus out.......That was Canibus opportunity for a 2nd chance and he blew it. He just kept responding with subliminals....He couldnt give Em that 3rd Round Knockout. Em calling out Bus and Bus not responding properly sealed Canibus' fate that he wasnt the hype we thought he was. As dope as "curriculum 101" was it just didnt resonate. So yeah, Em did smoke him and he did it lightly.....Canibytch was Em handing him his ass, even if it was late. The fact that it leaked late was adding insult to injury as if to say 'u werent even relevant enough to put this out when it was on and popping" No one remembers any of those Canibus songs yet we all still remember the intro to "Without Me"

Em responded to Airstrike years later on "Rap God" addressing Bus pulling out the notebook on some "U so irrelevant I'll address you years later with a subliminal" shyt and like Jay Z with half a bar:

Rappers are having a rough time period, here's a Maxi-pad

That line on BANG to me sounds more like Em is just poking at Canibus in his current state. He also took a shot at Bus recently on the Logic song "Homocide" when he said : A caterpillar's comin' to get the canibus/I'm lookin' for the smoke but you motherfukkers are scatterin'

Sounds like he's trying to motivate Canibus to get back on his square.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn’t air strike the track where he put D12 verses on the track :mjlol:

Edit: my bad if I’m thinking of a completely different track