Ask a breh visiting singapore anything

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I been in singapore this past week for work. I leave tomorrow. Ask me anything you want to know about the country.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is it worth it to visit that fancy garden of theirs?

How does it compare to botanical gardens you've seen in the west? They make a pretty big deal of the thing but I'm unsure if it's worth the tour dollars.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Is it worth it to visit that fancy garden of theirs?

How does it compare to botanical gardens you've seen in the west? They make a pretty big deal of the thing but I'm unsure if it's worth the tour dollars.
It's actually pretty cheap. Parts are even free. You can see the tree lights how for free. If you want to go on the path above ground and between the trees it's a ticket. Still reasonable

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
My brother was there in the late 80s or early 90s..couldnt buy us anything to wear because he said the people were all small and a US size small was a XXL in Singapore..is that true, because the man has been known to stretch the truth? :patrice:

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Had a bespoke suit made. Not as cheap as it used to be. But you pick everything. Fabric, style, liner, canvas, etc. Ran me about 800 sgd so about 600usd. Pockets and buttons fully functional. Liner in breast pocket can be pulled out for an accent.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I
My brother was there in the late 80s or early 90s..couldnt buy us anything to wear because he said the people were all small and a US size small was a XXL in Singapore..is that true, because the man has been known to stretch the truth? :patrice:
They tend to be smaller people, but there's a huge international population here. If you are normal size you can buy clothes. So many luxury stores like every block. Probably seen 10+ Rolex stores and at least 3 Patek Phlippe stores

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
I

They tend to be smaller people, but there's a huge international population here. If you are normal size you can buy clothes. So many luxury stores like every block. Probably seen 10+ Rolex stores and at least 3 Patek Phlippe stores

A holiday really isnt shopping unless youre from a place that doesnt have certain things.

I'be there purely for the food, women and exotic natural sights.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Singapore is interesting. Almost moved there as my ex got a job there, but a lot of the companies in our industry upped sticks and moved to Canada and so the job switched there instead.

Did a ton of research, there seemed to be a vibrant black community of professionals there.

Last edited:

Traveler

All Star
Daps
A holiday really isnt shopping unless youre from a place that doesnt have certain things.

I'be there purely for the food, women and exotic natural sights.
Food is everywhere. Went to Lau Pa Sat the other night. Open air market with tons of food stalls. Lots of people and really good food from many different places. Highly recommend.

Login • Instagram

The Xiao Long Bao was amazing! Highly recommend.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Singapore is interesting. Almost moved there as my ex got a job there, but a lot of the companies in our industry upped sticks and moved to Canada.

Did a ton of research, there seemed to be a vibrant black community of professionals there.
I'll be honest i haven't seen many black faces. But I've been working so I want really looking. Met this girl from South Africa though :banderas:

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Singapore is interesting. Almost moved there as my ex got a job there, but a lot of the companies in our industry upped sticks and moved to Canada and so the job switched there instead.

Also it's super safe. People won't mess with you. But if you have a police encounter do what they say. No arguments at all. CAC sailor couldn't keep his mouth shut and got hauled off. Army cat put his hands on a female in a way she didn't like. He been in jail for the past week. I've seen women walking alone at 4am with no fear. I could easily live here. Lots to do and great public transportation.

mykey

Superstar
Daps
I worked there for a year. I've never seen such an organised and clean country in my life. The people are super friendly, the food is out of this world and public transport (MRT) takes you everywhere.

The downside was the weather (for me)- however, if you like the muggy Florida summer weather you'll love it.