ASK AN OLD FLABBY SICK MUTHAPHUKA ANYTHING BREH'S (THE HONORABLE SKJ EDITION) part 1

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
that shyt bangin. i'm sippin right now. ain't nothin wrong with paul masson, nikkaz too obsessed with price. taste just as good as the "expensive" brands.

exactly..cause they into aesthetics. ..I got introduced to Peach Paul Masson at a cookout

and it was damn good :whew:

I wasn't concerned about the price..I was trying to get a nice drink ....ain't trying to impress anybody

I done did and still do top shelf and champagne.....it's not that serious

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
,.. q h
Could nikkas like Rozay set up their own digital label?? If he can set up MMG..He can't set up MMG digital? And control digital steaming with exclusive music from his whole camp? It can't be the same as hard copies? Along with partnership from all other artists? I don't understand if Spotify can do it. .why can't Artist do it the same way but individually

I'm just asking cause I have no idea..

afro-shaking-head-no.gif

and here is the main reason why........because I'm pretty well versed on this subject because I was seeking to go that route years ago for a few of my artists i was managing....

Here is WHY IT CAN'T HAPPEN:

MMG is an Imprint that is obligated to it's Parent Distributor which is the Warner Music Group at the present time...

Artists signed to major label deals as well as imprints such as MMG can only do it COURTESY (that's a key word here) of the Major (PARENT DISTRIBUTOR)...

before the Master Recordings are to be digitally distributed..they ARE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE MAJOR ....and will remain UNLESS ALL OBLIGATIONS OF THE DEAL IS MET..

also imprints cannot negotiate EXCLUSIVE deals with no streaming host, website , blog or whatever without the Major's consent...because an imprint unlike an indy is considered a SUBSIDIARY of the Major Label until the expiration of the deal.

That's why streaming services can host an MMG channel because they have a RELATIONSHIP with the MAJOR ......

yeah it's fukked up ...because once again it's another case of artists not having any soverign control over their product.....

but that's what happens when you deal with the majors :manny:

digital streams, downloads , ringtones and any audio associated with the artist is the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY of the Major (parent distributor)

the ONLY way MMG could do an exclusive streaming channel is if it was to SEVER TIES with Warner Music Group and become full fledged INDEPENDENT...

Which is difficult considering moreso the Political Nature of self distribution as opposed to costs....

BUT THIER IS AN ALTERNATIVE!!...and it's NOT as expensive as you think....
:ufdup:

Last edited:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Let me be the first to say that your posts are always insightful and informative bruh. One of the few consistent cats from the SOHH days that I can rely on to drop heavy game on the Music Business.

My questions to you is Whats the truth behind 50 Cent's "Independent" deal?

And you broke some heavy game about Lyor's oppressive 360 deal. You think JayZ maneuvered his way around the loopholes to make it work for his advantage?Because I read that he signed one with Live Nation

http://www.mtv.com/news/1584696/jay-z-about-to-sign-150-million-deal-with-live-nation-report/

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I got me a pint of Paul Masson...just warmed up a batch of precooked lemon pepper wangs...

just broke up with my woman..

I'm talking to one of my old freaks on facebook..who just gained 50 lbs in weight ....cause im thirsty for some sympathy puzzy :snoop:

and I gotta supervise a group of the most ignant rednecks this side of Duck Dynasty tomorrow...

entertain me with your inquires......till I fall asleep in my misery :deadrose:
Do you pronounce it Paul Ma-Sahn or Paul Mason :leostare:

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Let me be the first to say that your posts are always insightful and informative bruh. One of the few consistent cats from the SOHH days that I can rely on to drop heavy game on the Music Business.

My questions to you is Whats the truth behind 50 Cent's "Independent" deal?

And you broke some heavy game about Lyor's oppressive 360 deal. You think JayZ maneuvered his way around the loopholes to make it work for his advantage?Because I read that he signed one with Live Nation

http://www.mtv.com/news/1584696/jay-z-about-to-sign-150-million-deal-with-live-nation-report/

why thank you sir :salute:

You know 50 has spoken with glee in regards to the details of his new independent deal...but honestly when I read press releases like the one I'm posting below.....I'm somewhat skeptical....considering how he loves to speak on the parallels it has with the greatest record deal ever signed in urban music which is the Cash Money deal...

but unlike the Cash Money deal he doesn't have the benefit of having sovereign rights to early works of his catalog such as "Get Rich or Die Trying", "The Massacre" ..Curtis and all other SHADY/INTERSCOPE related releases. :patrice:

he also makes the CLAIM that he didn't have to pay not a dime in order to breach that contract with Interscope considering he owed them another LP.

http://www.vibe.com/article/50-cent-talks-details-new-independent-record-deal-1

Comparing the logistics to Birdman’s setup with with Universal Records in which he coughs up 7% in exchange for distribution. Shady/Aftermath will continue their market control over 50 Cent’s previous albums, while the rapper gains autonomy on his upcoming work . Fif also shared that though he owed Shady/Interscope one last record, he did not have to pay any money for his premature leave.

Needless to say...it's a damn good deal IF it allows 50 CENT to retain his rights to his previous classic works....

which I'm pretty sure being the adept businessman 50 Cent is..i'm pretty sure he made that a key component during negotiations..

so in that case along with the hefty net profit revenue he gains it's safe to say that it is very much like a Cash Money deal :ehh:

considering that he is using the services of Caroline Distribution which is nothing more than an imprint of UNIVERSAL RECORDS...he still gets to remain plugged in with the commercial radio industry as well as shelf space and mainstream publicity as he has enjoyed in the past with Interscope...

so although he "screams independent' it's actually a damn good P&D deal much like the much celebrated No Limit and Cash Money deals we've seen take place

As for Jay-Z.....their wasn't no loopholes or shortcuts needed for his deal....

because unlike the oppressive 360 that Lyor has constructed for the industry.......Jay-Z's 360 is structured for marquee artists like himself, Madonna, Timberlake and U2 whom are global brands which are working in collaboration with a conglomerate such as LIVE NATION which has the infrastrucute capable to make it work for both parties (artist & label)....Live Nation is the premier touring / arena firm ever since their merger with Ticketmaster....

they do a helluva job with merchandising and marketing and their ADVANCES are something to be proud of ...

JAY-Z got 150 million up front!!!!!...just for the rights to his music and merchandising and touring for a brief period...all of them reverted back to to him when it's time to renegotiate.......

this is something that Lyor could never do for Jay ...because traditional labels like (Warner..Universal...Sony) don't have the capital that LIVE ANTION is able to play with courtesy of Jay's "other" jewish friend IRVING AZOFF aka the "Poison Dwarf"...whom regardless what they say about him really goes to bat for his clients with hefty advances and huge exposure like he did for acts he had in the past such as Fleetwood Mac...the Eagles and even Michael Jackson!

He is also the reason why you see dollars floating around the face of that guy in my avatar..AL HAYMON...so he basically indirectly made Mayweather big money by buying out the touring company that Mayweather's consultant Al Haymon formerly owned...

IRVING AZOFF is ther personification of GETTING TO THE MONEY! :ufdup:

Irving%2BAzoff%2Bbillboard%2Bmagazine.jpg

Jay just values good relationships..and some have speculated this is why him and Kayne have been kinda distant lately since KANYE fired Irving Azoff as consultant /tour manager ...... :manny: