Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We're of African descent deal with it

How can I deal with something you cannot prove? :mjlol:. Not only can you not prove that your uttering the stories of your past master. Maybe you do not question it, but sensible people will. Im waiting for you to prove 300million africans were taken from Africa like your white master told you :mjlol:

pon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Based on what I've learned , I don't believe all of us came from Africa during the trans atlantic slavery conquest. There's way to much evidence of existing Nubian culture all over the Americas thousands of years prior to.

If we could truly see what the Smithsonian institute really has in their vaults it would turn north and south American history upside down :sas2:

Ivan van sertima touched on this in his book "they came before Columbus"

Rip to ivan van sertima :to:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
we were the 1st people to walk this planet.
the rest of "mankind" came from us.
you c00ns need to wake up.
:snoop:

wat6rr.jpg

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Our culture, language, history, and physique. The remaining Tainos intermarried into the black population

Tell em, the Tainos came from South America to the islands on boats they caved out of wood.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this video in particular. I'm watching it as I type this.

Now, my father's family is from Barbados. Looking at the history of Barbados, there are two stories. One is that, the natives there lived there for awhile and just "weren't there" when the Europeans came along. Second story is that, they were enslaved, but they all quickly died out because they couldn't handle the work.

But yet, somehow, when my aunt did a test on my Dad's side of the family, a significant amount of our ancestry is "Native American", and apparently that Native American ancestry is "very similar" to that of the Seminoles. And I know plenty of other Barbadians who claim the same thing.

I know that when the Seminoles kicked Andrew Jackson's ass, some of them migrated down to the Bahamas, but I never heard of any of them going down to Barbados.

It's real odd that historians have conflicting stories about what happened to the natives of Barbados, yet, I somehow have native ancestry. :mjpls:

I don't know. I used to always look at the different paintings of Arawaks (my Dad had a bunch in the living room of our house) and thought the people looked black. I think that they were not necessarily from Africa, but they were black indigenous people, similar to those in Australia, the Philippines, etc.

But, I'm gonna watch the video, and see what the man is saying.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this video in particular. I'm watching it as I type this.

Now, my father's family is from Barbados. Looking at the history of Barbados, there are two stories. One is that, the natives there lived there for awhile and just "weren't there" when the Europeans came along. Second story is that, they were enslaved, but they all quickly died out because they couldn't handle the work.

But yet, somehow, when my aunt did a test on my Dad's side of the family, a significant amount of our ancestry is "Native American", and apparently that Native American ancestry is "very similar" to that of the Seminoles. And I know plenty of other Barbadians who claim the same thing.

I know that when the Seminoles kicked Andrew Jackson's ass, some of them migrated down to the Bahamas, but I never heard of any of them going down to Barbados.

It's real odd that historians have conflicting stories about what happened to the natives of Barbados, yet, I somehow have native ancestry. :mjpls:

I don't know. I used to always look at the different paintings of Arawaks (my Dad had a bunch in the living room of our house) and thought the people looked black. I think that they were not necessarily from Africa, but they were black indigenous people, similar to those in Australia, the Philippines, etc.

But, I'm gonna watch the video, and see what the man is saying.

The reason for your ancestry is race mixing between Natives and Africans, which was quite common in the larger Caribbean islands. They were hidden communities which avoided the Slavery period living in the hills we probably had IRs. They were called Maroons.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
The reason for your ancestry is race mixing between Natives and Africans, which was quite common in the larger Caribbean islands. They were hidden communities which avoided the Slavery period living in the hills we probably had IRs. They were called Maroons.

I'm aware of that BUT, my point is:

Historians say that there were no Natives in Barbados when the Europeans arrived OR that the Natives were there and went extinct when they were enslaved. So, if we're looking at it historically, what you said couldn't have happened in Barbados.

But, it did happen, and my question is, why are historians saying otherwise? Is it to cover up something? I've seen Caribs, most of them look like Samoans and/or Ethiopians to me. If they were to say that these Caribs, who look black, were there on the island first and are the ancestors of many Barbadians, might that change the way Barbadians, and Caribbean people in general, view their history?

I'm not completely ruling out the possibility that Seminoles went down to Barbados and settled there, but I don't think it could have happened to the point where there were entire communities in Barbados where Seminoles mixed with Africans. It seems to me like it would've been more convenient for them to stay up in the Bahamas. But hey, maybe that's just me. :yeshrug:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I'm aware of that BUT, my point is:

Historians say that there were no Natives in Barbados when the Europeans arrived OR that the Natives were there and went extinct when they were enslaved. So, if we're looking at it historically, what you said couldn't have happened in Barbados.

But, it did happen, and my question is, why are historians saying otherwise? Is it to cover up something? I've seen Caribs, most of them look like Samoans and/or Ethiopians to me. If they were to say that these Caribs, who look black, were there on the island first and are the ancestors of many Barbadians, might that change the way Barbadians, and Caribbean people in general, view their history?

I'm not completely ruling out the possibility that Seminoles went down to Barbados and settled there, but I don't think it could have happened to the point where there were entire communities in Barbados where Seminoles mixed with Africans. It seems to me like it would've been more convenient for them to stay up in the Bahamas. But hey, maybe that's just me. :yeshrug:

:skip: Which Historian said that? Natives were living in the islands before Christopher Columbus. Remember, upon first meeting the natives he thought they were stupid because they were so accepting, which lead him to think they would make perfect slaves.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

^
So this guy held a lecture in Marcus Garvey Museum in Kingston, Jamaica. I know its 45mins (watch if you can) long but the summary is

-The so-called Arawaks are fake
-Columbus was a mass-murderering theif
-The "Slave Trade" was actually a Race War
-Jamaican Citizens are legally British property
-Christianity is a psychological weapon
-Queen Elizabeth II owns the Government of Jamaica
-Jamaicans are neither "independent" nor free and are bonded by their birth certificate

what do you guys think about the whole bringing of millions of african peoples to american/carribean/elsewhere being a creation? The guy raises the point that Arawak peoples existing in Jamaica was fake and Is way to take the birthrights, ownership, and resources from the jamaican people making them foreign entities. He questions the existance of these indigenous Arawak people existing in Jamaica for 10000 years according to spaniards, yet not a single footstamp has been found from a people that was supposed to exist there for thousands of years. He says the Europeans killed off the Jamaicans and "inslaved" the rest.

I must admit there's alot of holes in the slavery story :patrice:. Not to mention this is the story that was taught by the same people who "inslaved" you and erased your identity. I always wondered if we were taken from all these various west african tribes, shouldnt this be strongly documented/known amongst ALL these people? but the vibe I get from africans is theyre just as lost and unsure, how can they not account for millions lost? Its like the Tutsi's suddenly not being sure a bunch of their people were slaughtered...how could they not know? Are these cac's trying to synchronize their lies on both sides? What do you guys think? :patrice:

And please nobody mention DNA. That has been proven inaccurate and EASILY manipulable. This is not a DNA debate, its whether you believe Millions (300 Million according to some) of our people where brought from West Africa to American, the carribean, south central america etc.

someone else gets it finally!!!!:blessed::ohlawd:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The is an interesting thread..

My bm is Jamaican.. my son knows stories of this and in patwa he'll tell you cuz he learned from his grandfather that they have always been there. And my own people .... claim we went from Africa to the Americas thousands of years ago and thats the story and has always been the story.

So based on both orally traditions and the holes In the cac story. I'd say its equally plausible.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
How can I deal with something you cannot prove? :mjlol:. Not only can you not prove that your uttering the stories of your past master. Maybe you do not question it, but sensible people will. Im waiting for you to prove 300million africans were taken from Africa like your white master told you :mjlol:
I dont a cac master my ancestors revolted and killed cacs and established our own communities

Im african b