Attorney sentenced to 180 days in jail, admits to drugging wife's drinks to induce abortion

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Nah, the massive gap is gone now. I was scrolling and scrolling and scrolling till the archive link. I think you fixed it.

ooh i think you're referring to a bug on thecoli, i've been experiencing that too. a bunch of white space after a reddit embed. refreshing the webpage usually fixes it.

protip:
if you're using a desktop/laptop, just right-click on the reddit embed and select 'reload frame". it'll fix it without having to reload the entire webpage.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The courts are so overrun all the time, you can get a VERY reduced sentence simply by pleading guilty and helping them avoid the need to have a trial. Especially if you have any sort of defense at all.

If the woman didn't have clear, conclusive proof that the husband had poisoned her, or the D.A. felt like his evidence wasn't rock solid enough, then I can see how the perp might be able to use a guilty plea to knock the sentence way down.

But the suggestions that he might have connects or just be getting off easy because he's white or because "domestic issues" get light sentences are all valid hypotheses too.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The courts are so overrun all the time, you can get a VERY reduced sentence simply by pleading guilty and helping them avoid the need to have a trial. Especially if you have any sort of defense at all.

If the woman didn't have clear, conclusive proof that the husband had poisoned her, or the D.A. felt like his evidence wasn't rock solid enough, then I can see how the perp might be able to use a guilty plea to knock the sentence way down.

But the suggestions that he might have connects or just be getting off easy because he's white or because "domestic issues" get light sentences are all valid hypotheses too.

Ken paxton is a perfect example of that.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Aiight.

Let's bring the same energy for women killing their kids outside of the man's knowledge...

Bookmarked.

We will remember COLI.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Aiight.

Let's bring the same energy for women killing their kids outside of the man's knowledge...

Bookmarked.

We will remember COLI.

can't force someone to remain pregnant, it violates a persons bodily autonomy.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ken paxton is a perfect example of that.

Yo wtf :skip:

Reading his wiki is insane

Yup. A widely-known criminal has been in charge of prosecuting Texas's laws for nearly a decade now, and yet he's still in power solely because he's a Republican.

I mean, if he was a fukking UPS employee or garbage collector or backup point guard, he would have lost his job 10 years ago. But because he's in a far MORE important position with far GREATER responsibilities, he somehow gets to keep it.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps

Attorney sentenced to 180 days in jail, admits to drugging wife's drinks to induce abortion​

Woman says 180 days is not enough "for attempting to kill your child seven separate times"​

By The Associated Press Published February 8, 2024 Updated on February 8, 2024 at 2:07 pm​

texas courtroom generic 2

NBC 5 News

*from another source

A Texas man who drugged his wife's drinks in an attempt to induce an abortion was sentenced to 180 days in jail and 10 years on probation.

Mason Herring, a 39-year-old Houston attorney, pleaded guilty Wednesday to injury to a child and assault of a pregnant person. He had initially been charged with felony assault to induce abortion.

Catherine Herring, who has filed for divorce, told the court the jail sentence was not long enough. She said their 1-year-old daughter, their third child, was born about 10 weeks premature, has developmental delays and attends therapy eight times a week.

“I do not believe that 180 days is justice for attempting to kill your child seven separate times,” Catherine Herring said.

Catherine Herring told authorities her husband in March 2022 began lecturing her on hydration and offering water. She said she became severely ill after drinking from the first cup that appeared cloudy, which her husband explained was perhaps the result of the cup or water pipes being dirty.

mason-herring.jpg

Houston Police Department | AP
Mason Herring

Catherine Herring became suspicious and began refusing multiple other drinks her husband offered. She later found in the trash packaging for a drug that contained misoprostol, a medicine used to induce abortion.

She also gave police videos from hidden cameras she installed at her home where her husband was no longer living. One of them showed him mixing a substance in one of her drinks, Catherine Herring said.

Mason Herring's attorney, Dan Cogdell, called the plea deal and sentence reasonable.

“It’s a sad situation and Mason has accepted his responsibility,” Cogdell said.

10 years probation? This ginger better not sneeze wrong. :pachaha:

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
180 days? Shouldn't he get the book thrown at him for trying to get an abortion in Texas?