Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Why People Think August Alsina Is Singing About Jada Pinkett on "Nunya"
BY HANNAH LIFSHUTZ15 HOURS AGO
zqbofgh6ahvbq0wvepkm.jpg

Image via Getty/Axelle/Bauer-Griffin

August Alsina released a remix of Kehlani's track "Nunya" last week, accompanied by a music video in which he illustrates his relationship with a woman who's rejected him but is still trying to keep tabs on his sex life. Speculations have arisen recently that the women Alsina is describing is none other than Jada Pinkett Smith, who the rapper has had a close relationship with over the years.

Alsina appeared on Jada's Red Table Talk last year and got candid about his struggles with addiction and how the Smith family helped him through a particularly rough period. Jada similarly opened up during their exchange, expressing how she's had to confront her battle with sex addiction.

Although their relationship was previously interpreted as platonic, given his "family friend" status with Jada and Will, social media activity and the "Nunya" visuals have prompted many people to speculate that their relationship may be more intimate than many realized.

In the video for Alsina's version of "Nunya," a text thread between him and a woman named Koren appears, which speculators were quick to point out is Jada's middle name by birth. After singing the line, "You're just an actress putting on a show," he sends a GIF of Jada to the unnamed woman in which she's saying "Oh, so now you gon' front?!" Making that two references to Jada over the course of the remix.

In addition to the "Nunya" lyrics, last September in celebration of Jada's birthday, Alsina shared a lengthy post in which he refers to the actress as the personification of love, adding that she's the "fortune" in his cookie.

The detailed and intimate nature of the birthday tribute prompted some to classify the post as inappropriate, since he positions the narrative as if their relationship is sexual. Although it remains unclear what exactly the nature of their relationship is, people were quick to suggest Jada's involvement on Twitter.

Why People Think August Alsina Is Singing About Jada Pinkett on "Nunya"

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
She ain't down grading her life style for him:russ:

You a plate of fries breh......she ain't leaving the 5 course meal that is Will Smith:mjlol: Will worth like $400 million plus.:hamster:
nikka really thought Jada was gonna leave Will for him lol. He was just a young nikka to satisfy her while Will traveled the world with his side chick and made movies. Jada and Will's set up is wild tho. I hope they come out and write a book on their open marriage one day and show people how it can be done.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Am I the only one that growing up never found Jada that fine? I mean she's a pretty woman, but my nikkas used to drool over her. Never saw it.
naw she was bad b...real soft voice and feminine looking with those hazel eyes.....she had that Rihanna natural sexiness to her in the 90s....she did something to her face now tho, she look hard in the cheeks

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka really thought Jada was gonna leave Will for him lol. He was just a young nikka to satisfy her while Will traveled the world with his side chick and made movies. Jada and Will's set up is wild tho. I hope they come out and write a book on their open marriage one day and show people how it can be done.

Sharing your wife :scust: don’t take her out the game if you still sharing her. She belongs

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Sharing your wife :scust: don’t take her out the game if you still sharing her. She belongs
It is what it is b. I'm seeing more and more open relationships and marriages. I think people realize folks always been cheating on each other so it's best to just be open and honest about it, let a nikka know who you kicking it with and I'll tell you who I'm with on Saturday night. A dude gotta be kinda naive to think his wife gonna only fukk him for the next 50 years. We know most dudes not gonna just fukk his wife til he dies. I salute the people who do stay faithful to one another tho, even if it's pretty rare.