Aware me on MKV/MKVI GTIs brehs

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I wanted that Fiesta ST but it cant fit an infant seat :patrice:

Wifey has an 07 Rabbit and its been pretty good. Better stereo and so much quieter than my Z though obviously my Z is way more fun to drive.

Been looking into the mods and shyt... APR Stage 1 GTI puts down more power and WAYY WAYY WAYYYY WAYYYY WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more torque than my Z. With the DSG that could be a real problem :patrice: Also supposedly gets ~27-28 MPG combined.

My only fear is that cam follower shyt... and the carbon build up. I look at the carbon shyt like a timing belt though... just maintenance, pretty much :scumbag:

Any of yall fukk with em? Worth lookin at? Tired of my Z.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
You have a Nissan 350Z and you want to replace it with a 5th or 6th gen Mexican-made VW Golf GTI?
The plain-jane 350Z is relatively heavy. However, there are a lot of performance mods you can put on your 350Z to make it competitive against a 370Z or a VW GTI. Look up www.stillen.com if you haven't already.
You can also add dynamat to the interior of the doors, floor and firewall of your Z if you want to deaden some exterior noise.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I dont really care about the performance too much and I need a car w/a back seat. Plus with an APR chip the GTI will make more power and way way way way way way way way way more torque than a Z. Wifey has a Rabbit and its so much more relaxing to drive. If I need to get :demonic: I have a motorcycle

I mean an APR chip will have the GTI putting down 250whp/300wtq for $500. U cant even get an exhaust for the Z for that much. Plus the GTI is lighter etc. Not saying the GTI is as sporty as a Z :whoa: but w/mods in a straight line $ for $ its no contest

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I dont really care about the performance too much and I need a car w/a back seat. Plus with an APR chip the GTI will make more power and way way way way way way way way way more torque than a Z. Wifey has a Rabbit and its so much more relaxing to drive. If I need to get :demonic: I have a motorcycle

I mean an APR chip will have the GTI putting down 250whp/300wtq for $500. U cant even get an exhaust for the Z for that much. Plus the GTI is lighter etc. Not saying the GTI is as sporty as a Z :whoa: but w/mods in a straight line $ for $ its no contest
I had a VW Jetta III. Before that, I had a Rabbit and a second gen Golf. Those cars were great. They were made in Germany. The Jetta III was the first of VWs from Mexico. It sucked. I also knew someone who had the Jetta IV. That had problems too. I don't care to buy another VW made in Mexico.

If you really just want a backseat, the Ford Focus ST has turbo-charged engine and is comparable in performance to the Ford Fiesta ST and it has more room.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I had a VW Jetta III. Before that, I had a Rabbit and a second gen Golf. Those cars were great. They were made in Germany. The Jetta III was the first of VWs from Mexico. It sucked. I also knew someone who had the Jetta IV. That had problems too. I don't care to buy another VW made in Mexico.

If you really just want a backseat, the Ford Focus ST has turbo-charged engine and is comparable in performance to the Ford Fiesta ST and it has more room.
Like I said wifey has an MKV Rabbit :yeshrug: I know the issues with the GTI so I will look for them. I dont like how the Focus ST looks inside or out.

VW went through a real dark time with the MKIIIs and MKIVs but they got back on track with the MKVs. MKV Rabbit even got a Consumer Reports recommendation which is why I bought it for wifey. Rabbit's been more reliable than my Z over the time we've had both.

Last edited:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Like I said wifey has an MKV Rabbit :yeshrug: I know the issues with the GTI so I will look for them. I dont like how the Focus ST looks inside or out.

VW went through a real dark time with the MKIIIs and MKIVs but they got back on track with the MKVs. MKV Rabbit even got a Consumer Reports recommendation which is why I bought it for wifey. Rabbit's been more reliable than my Z over the time we've had both.
You're selling the 350Z and getting a GTI?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I've driven an MK5 and found it really fun to drive, good pull and it handled well throwing it up and down through a few mile section of mountain s-turns. I don't know anything about reliability and what not.
I owned an MK4 for around 4 months in one of my favorite trims, always one of my favorite looking hatches, again great pull and handling(the car weighs nothing). It did however require more upkeep in that time than my B5 S4 had in the a years time and they were odd electrical/maf/engine issues. In the end I didn't regret owning it or selling it...