aye brehs, what's the difference between Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch's magic??

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
first off, I'm not a comic book head so please don't come at me :stopitslime: if this is a stupid question :whoa:

magic figures prominently is key points, especially the last third of the film and it just got me curious :jbhmm:

how come Dr. Strange had to go to that place in the Himalayas to learn magic, and basically become a scholar, but Scarlett Witch just seems to have innate magical ability?

also, I'm assuming that all magic isn't the same but in what ways are Strange's magic different than Scarlet Witch's :ld:

Dr Strange powers

Scarlet Witch

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
One is a mutant whose ability was to alter probability through the use of hex spheres. She would throw them at people and give them bad luck/curse them. She later learned actual magic from Agatha Harkness which upgraded her mutant abilities to full blown reality warping.

Strange is a human surgeon who learned magic from powerful monks and earned the title of sorcerer supreme. He is the primary defender of earth when it comes to magical and cosmic villains.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Murlld6.png
Master of the Mystic Arts

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Scarlet Witch is a mutant, she's the daughter of Magneto and brother to Quicksilver. She was born with her powers and has to learn to control them. Dr Strange had to be taught magic.
yeah but I noticed their magic looks different from one another, any explanation for the mechanisms behind that?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
yeah but I noticed their magic looks different from one another, any explanation for the mechanisms behind that?

Strange doesn't have inherent powers. All his shyt comes from the gear and the spells and what nots. The same being that powers Juggernaut powers those crimson bands he throws out to wrap people in. So Strange is pulling from mad different sources of power. The time stone for instance.

I'm MCU Scarlet Witch's powers are way different than the comics. I'd say essentially she has telekenisis in MCU. It flows from her hands and is colored red.

Jean Grae does the same type of shyt but it has no color code and doesn't seem to eminate as a beam from her limbs

parallax

Superstar
Daps
different schools of magic, at least in the comics, im not too sure how much detail theyve given the mcu wanda. shes a practitioner of chaos magic while strange isne really defined by one classification

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
One is a mutant whose ability was to alter probability through the use of hex spheres. She would throw them at people and give them bad luck/curse them. She later learned actual magic from Agatha Harkness which upgraded her mutant abilities to full blown reality warping.

Strange is a human surgeon who learned magic from powerful monks and earned the title of sorcerer supreme. He is the primary defender of earth when it comes to magical and cosmic villains.

Victor Von Doom would shoot that man the fair one as contender foe the title and probably do a better job. All types of villains would be like "DOOM protecting Earth now? :patrice::lupe::whoa::hubie:"

ALMIGHTY GOD

Omnipotent. Omniscient. Omnipresent.
Daps
Reppin
all of creation
then why would they name her Scarlet Witch :skip:

and why wouldn't psionic power qualify as some kind of magic :jbhmm:

this is why I made this thread, I wanna get down to the nitty gritty :yeshrug:

uhh because thats her name:ohhh:

psionic is the power of the mind, magic is using external intra/extra-dimensional energies for a variety of effects. same effect different cause. they are not the same.