Bad Boys Spinoff TV Series Starring Gabriel Union Poppin Soon

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Deadline just ran with this. Complete shock.

‘Bad Boys’ Spinoff TV Series Starring Gabrielle Union In the Works

EXCLUSIVE: The Bad Boys hit movie franchise is getting a spinoff TV series centered on the character played in the second film by Gabrielle Union.

No one would comment but I hear the untitled project, which is currently being pitched to TV networks, already has garnered strong interest from multiple places and is expected to land a major commitment. It hails from the Bad Boys movies’ producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Doug Belgrad via his 2.0 Entertainment and Primary Wave Entertainment. Sony Pictures TV Studios, whose movie sibling is behind the feature franchise, is the studio.

The untitled Bad Boys spinoff is being written by The Blacklistwriters-producers Brandon Margolis and Brandon Sonnier. Union’s Special Agent Sydney “Syd” Burnett, introduced in the sequel Bad Boys II, is the sister of Detective Lieutenant Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) who was romantically involved with Marcus’ partner, Detective Lieutenant Mike Lowrey (Will Smith). She is an undercover operative with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
VY2wmdR.png

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, I'm glad the eater of booties is getting more work, but this shyt is going to flop.

Certain franchises ONLY work because do the charisma and chemistry of the leads.

Rush Hour
Lethal Weapon
Bad Boys

Those movies only work because of the leads and what they bring to the table. If you remove them you remove what makes the franchises so special.