BARBERSHOP TALK: How Long Would You DATE Someone Before MARRYING Them?

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Depends on the age, i plan on getting married in my early to mid 30's so 4 years max, anything longer is time wasting. The older you get, the less time it should take and vice versa.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
We gotta live together at least two years and she better be on birth control

I don't want to baby mommas they subtract all your money and multiply your stress

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends.
Anywhere from 1-3 years, depending on how quickly and thoroughly I get to know her. When I can predict her habits, have a good grasp of her past and history, know her family and friends well, and have established that I would love to spend the rest of my life with her, then I'll pull the trigger and propose. I have to ensure she's going to bring some improvement, or adding to my life, especially if I'm bringing improvement or adding to hers.
If we're both busy, it may take a bit longer to get to know her, the time is flexible then.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
I'm asking because I'm going to start dating women soon. Yep, Joseph wants a young lady in his life. If it moves to something serious, then I would try married life :manny:
Worry about getting a date first.
Not saying that in a negative way.

I just know when I overthink things I wind up doing absolutely nothing.

Go from trying to get a date
To seeing if you will be compatible
To making it official
Living as a couple (not necessarily moving in)
Then marriage...

Don't think too far ahead otherwise you'll marry the first woman you think you're "compatible" with.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
It would be at least 5 years.

And it won't be with a white woman. I'm already light-skinned as it is. I'm not trying to be like Mike Conley and having my seed with little to no melanin.