BARBERSHOP TALK: Was "INTEGRATION" A MISTAKE Looking Back At It?

Did We Integrate With Whites TOO SOON?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yeah, I'm getting ready for work (10 hour shift :myman:) and my life is looking okay. However, I wanted to get ths out the way before I forget.

With that said, was integration a mistake? No trolling. Now, Black folk before integration had Black Wall Street and their own businesses. Yes, racism did exist then too. However, you had more pride in the Black man and woman. There was a strong family unit there. While I respect MLK and my ancestors fight I wonder was it a mistake :francis: Because we don't have strong entrepreneur ownership like we used to and we STILL are fighting for our g-d given rights. Plus, we have the Black church trying to get a piece of the pie at the White man's table.

I'm dead serious, look at the Native American community and what's been done to them. Also, I speak on Black issues on my FB and I get so much flack. I do wonder since other minorities are getting the gift of Whiteness if Malcolm X was right on staying separate until the Black man finds himself.

All in all, I believe we rushed the integration era too soon. We needed to establish economic growth and community/ strengthening the diaspora before the kumbaya thing. Hell, we are still deer with headlights on. Brothas like myself are so damn lost spiritually that it's not funny. Most of our brothas do't even believe in g-d like that anymore. My point is that we integrated too soon. I respect what my people fought for, but we needed to have sorted issues in house first. It's sad that many brothas and sistas don't know anything about their African heritage other than saying "we're Black". Ask any of group and they know what they are. We lost our way.

White people tolerate us at best and we all we got. We LIKE OTHER GROUPS need to be more clicked up and I agree with Farrakhan and Umar Johnson on that. Put that religion sh-t beef on the back burner.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I will always have a love for my people. Also, it should be required that AA's take an ancestry test to find out who they are. We have made strides since integration, but other groups are passing us by.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
P.S. I will say that we are kinda getting back to our roots. It's great that our generation and the one before that are connecting with our Caribbean and African brehs/brehettes. However, we left our spirituality to fit in and it failed us. Black people were very spiritual in their faith (still are before Westernized Christianity). It's also sad that most of us in the U.S.L don't speak Swahili.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
csm_041_integration_7e6c8b9ba4.png

40331bba3aa8392b77e290fd2001f9ff.jpg

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
& which section of discussion? Because it depends :francis:

Because some shyt had it benefits, some shyt got worst & some shyt stayed the same

I watch a lot of these old segments about black folks & see the same exact similarities of today, some shyt got better & some shyt got worst

Yes, it did benefit us in certain ways (explained in the OP). However, we have lost a share of Black entrepreneurs and now we have more POC (Black) incarcerated than we did before.

P.S, I linked that documentary on here a few months back.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
My Dad grew up during segregation, unlike some Coli posters who seem to think that all black enclaves back then were like Harlem.

Based off what he told me, white people could easily control black people in these neighborhoods because they could find ways to put c00ns in positions of power over other black people.

Certain landlords didn't have any incentive to fix things because they knew the black people had very few options in terms of where they could live.

In other words, imagine if all the businesses and institutions in your neighborhood were run and controlled by Sherrif Clark from Milwaukee.

So no I don't think it was a mistake. I didn't live during that era or under those circumstances so I can't criticize people who actually lived through it for pursuing what they felt was a better life.

Maybe it could've been done differently, but it's easy to look back and speculate on what should've been done decades later. :yeshrug:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
INTEGRATION WASN'T TOTALLY BAD. WE WEREN'T READY THOUGH. WE DIDN'T PROTECT OUR INTERESTS GOING INTO IT. I THINK WE LOST THE FOCUS OR GOAL. OR POSSIBLY WE NEVER HAD ONE. WE PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROTECTING OUR BUSINESSES. INTERACTION WITH WHITE PEOPLE IS OKAY OR EVEN DOING LIMITED BUSINESS WITH WOULDN'T TOO BAD. BUT I THINK WE SHOULDN'T TRY TO LIVE WITH THEM.