BARBERSHOP TALK: Would "BLACK AMERICA" Be Different If Jesse Jackson Became President?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
LAST THREAD OF THE WEEK DEAD ASS

I know he ran in 84', but in 88' he stayed through the convention. If he had won the primary and faced off against Bush in the general and won how would America look :patrice: Do you think he would be a good president? We know why he didn't get it :sas2: Let's just say that the Democratic Part doesn't like progressives and never will.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would've been better than Bush. Probably would have let mass-incarceration of Black peoples slide through though.
Might not have had the chops for anything like the Gulf War either.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Would've been better than Bush. Probably would have let mass-incarceration of Black peoples slide through though.
Might not have had the chops for anything like the Gulf War either.
I think if he would have had the chance to get a good VP and Secretary Of State that he could have handled it. This is the problem with the Democratic Party and why I left :snoop:They never let a progressive candidate shine because it goes against their agenda:snoop: They're doing the same thing with Bernie now. However, unlike Jackson Bernie has asked millions of his supporters to run for office and etc. I plan on doing that as an Independent when I get on my feet:sas2: Only thing these guys can do is open the door. It's our job to come in and handle things from there.

P.S. Dukakis was abysmal as a Democratic Candidate. That 17 point lead over Bush in the summer didn't last long. His death penalty answer messed him up :scusthov: