BASED FERGAL & Fams, Tellin' Tings

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Man that agenda is real :wow:

When is the last time they let Titus win a match...let alone put a documentary about all of his charitable efforts? :stopitslime:

I like Finn...but they try to change the narrative and make stars so much its kinda sickening sometimes. Wrestling was much better when it felt more organic. Quit trying to tell us who should be over and let the talent get over.

Daps
Reppin
LDN

When is the last time they let Titus win a match...let alone put a documentary about all of his charitable efforts? :stopitslime:

I like Finn...but they try to change the narrative and make stars so much its kinda sickening sometimes. Wrestling was much better when it felt more organic. Quit trying to tell us who should be over and let the talent get over.

:mjlol: that rose-tinted nostalgia

acting like the Lex Express never happened

TL15

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: that rose-tinted nostalgia

acting like the Lex Express never happened

Lex Luger was never really over tho:heh:

I'm talking more late 90s early 2000s. Breh Al Snow was running around with a mannequin head and had the crowd going nuts
an old ass Terry Funk put stockings over his head and shyt was lit :banderas:
Too Cool was some goofy ass white boys and a fat Samoan and danced their way into being over...

Of course some pushes were fabricated, but it is much worse in today's wrestling than it was 15-20 years ago.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

I mean...I see your point but this is not new with WWE and if anything people feel like you should do this with people cause well it worked for Mick Foley in 97 I guess...

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I mean...I see your point but this is not new with WWE and if anything people feel like you should do this with people cause well it worked for Mick Foley in 97 I guess...

I know it's not new. But with WWE being incredibly overproduced, they don't let talent get over like they used to.

I watched WWE in 97 and I didn't care what video package was put together... Foley got over because he risked his life for the pop. Thumbtacks, thrown off of the cell, chair shots, etc... he took it all and kept going. Fans didn't learn to love the character because of his parents doing a 10 minute promo vignette.

I don't want to sound TOO cynical. I like Finn and I still enjoy WWE.
I just think that they try way too hard in pushing "certain" guys and it hurts the overall product. I liked APA back in those days (I am jaded so I couldn't tell you how "over" they really were) but as a fan I liked Farooq and Bradshaw because they went out there, had defined characters, hit the ring and beat the crap out of people (the "hitmen for hire" gimmick worked). I didn't like them because of video packages about Ron Simmons being a black champion in WCW or because JBL had a family. I liked their characters on the show.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Finn has always showed off his parents. Bayley met them. :lolbron:

Him and his brother look just like their father.