Batista Gives Harsh Comments About The Rock’s Acting Skills

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Batista recently did an interview with TampaBay.com.

This was conducted prior to him making his return on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw in Atlanta, GA at the State Farm Arena on the USA Network to start his feud with Triple H at WrestleMania 35.

During this interview, he discussed how he “hates” being compared to John Cena and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

“Do not compare me to The Rock or John Cena. Everyone does it. Those guys are wrestlers who became movie stars. I’m … something else. I was a wrestler. Now, I’m an actor.”

“Rock was, in a way, a movie star before he was even a movie star. There is something about him that’s really special. I’d never take that away from him,” Bautista says. “Would I consider him a great actor? F— no.”

“I want good roles. I don’t care about Fast and Furious or Bumblebee. … That’s not the kind of stardom I want. … I want to be in Dune. I want to work with Denis Villeneuve. I want to work with Sam Mendes and Jodie Foster. I want to work with Academy Award winners. I’m proud to be a character actor. I want that respect and credibility and education.”

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I get what he's saying.....

But The Rock is also the highest paid actor in Hollywood.

He tried his hand with them "art" movies like southland tales and the shyt bombed so now he sticks to what works for him. Just like Kevin Hart and Jason Statham.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Batista recently did an interview with TampaBay.com.

This was conducted prior to him making his return on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw in Atlanta, GA at the State Farm Arena on the USA Network to start his feud with Triple H at WrestleMania 35.

During this interview, he discussed how he “hates” being compared to John Cena and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

“Do not compare me to The Rock or John Cena. Everyone does it. Those guys are wrestlers who became movie stars. I’m … something else. I was a wrestler. Now, I’m an actor.”

“Rock was, in a way, a movie star before he was even a movie star. There is something about him that’s really special. I’d never take that away from him,” Bautista says. “Would I consider him a great actor? F— no.”

I want good roles. I don’t care about Fast and Furious or Bumblebee. … That’s not the kind of stardom I want. … I want to be in Dune. I want to work with Denis Villeneuve. I want to work with Sam Mendes and Jodie Foster. I want to work with Academy Award winners. I’m proud to be a character actor. I want that respect and credibility and education.”

:stopitslime:Come on you was in GOTG and Avengers talking about I don’t care about movies like Fast and the Furious or Bumblebee

The whole reason he is even popping now is because of those big time blockbuster movies.

I get it he doesn’t wanted to be pigeon holed into one slot and just be the action guy I can respect that but no need to take shots at either guy.

Just because he wants to play more serious roles and they play more comedy/action roles doesn’t mean they aren’t actors or working hard on there craft

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

:stopitslime:Come on you was in GOTG and Avengers talking about I don’t care about movies like Fast and the Furious or Bumblebee

The whole reason he is even popping now is because of those big time blockbuster movies.

I get it he doesn’t wanted to be pigeon holed into one slot and just be the action guy I can respect that but no need to take shots at either guy.

Just because he wants to play mote serious roles and they play more comedy/action roles doesn’t mean they aren’t actors or working hard on there craft

People forget or sleep on Rocks work in Ballers as he’s a completely different character than most if not all the characters he’s played.

He shows fairly a lot of range as an actor along with the rest of the cast

Martha

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
I can see where he is coming from... But I also do not see where he is coming from. He is talking ish about Rocky being in F&F but Batista is doing the Avengers lol

Those guys are wrestlers who became movie stars. I’m … something else. I was a wrestler. Now, I’m an actor.”

i have no idea what he means by this lol

Rocky is the highest paid actor in Hollywood while Batista is about to be killed off in End Game and is written off the script of GOTG 3 and about to lose all that Marvel Money, continuously participating in movies no one gonna remember lol

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
People forget or sleep on Rocks work in Ballers as he’s a completely different character than most if not all the characters he’s played.

He shows fairly a lot of range as an actor along with the rest of the cast

Martha
Nah breh. LOL
The Rock is terrible in Ballers.
He is the worst actor on the show.
If they put Eddie George in the lead role it would have been alot better.