ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’ll Be Honest, I Wasn’t Watching Wrestling During Batistas Run, I Remember Him Being With D’Von And Being In Evolution, That’s It Really. Was He Really That Great On Top Or Was It More Of A “Ain’t No Greats Around Right Now So Let’s Make This Guy Appear Great” Type Deal?

I’m Genuinely Asking lol

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
I’ll Be Honest, I Wasn’t Watching Wrestling During Batistas Run, I Remember Him Being With D’Von And Being In Evolution, That’s It Really. Was He Really That Great On Top Or Was It More Of A “Ain’t No Greats Around Right Now So Let’s Make This Guy Appear Great” Type Deal?

I’m Genuinely Asking lol

They needed a star on smackdown, so they made him into one. Wasn't great on the ring but he definitely held his own.

There weren't much big face stars on smackdown on 2007 onwards so Batista was their sole face dude outside of undertaker I think

Was also a bit injury prone. His first reign ended abruptly due to injury. Missed mania 22 and 25 because of injury

His arguably best run was late 2019 when he turned heel on rey Mysterio

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star

I’m Genuinely Asking lol
He was good, better in the 2nd half of his career and a little injury prone early on. He also had to work with dogshyt on occasion (Khali in particular, Ken Kennedy)

I think his feuds with Taker and Edge helped solidify him.

His best work is his heelwork imo

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I see ways that Voodoo by Godsmack would be dope for him. TNT wandering through a jungle to go to Cornette's fat fukking wife's house isnt one of them though :mjlol:

:ohhh: So when Cornette was out of ideas, he would ask his wife's kink fantasies? :skip: "Honey, Vince needs a new Main Eventer. I got this man named Dave Bautista, I need to get him a gimmick to get him over. What would turn YOU on sugarpie?"

"A tall, bald, muscular man that thinks he is a vampire and bites my ass repeatedly."

Y0rx0K9.gif

:skip: "Well god damn! I think I can work something up for you!"

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils

I’m Genuinely Asking lol

He got over and they didn't have to try over and over like they did with Reigns later on, he was going to be at the top of the card regardless of who was there but they were probably going to have to keep him on a different show to Brock if he stuck around.

In terms of his work he got better at everything over time but he left for Hollywood as he was doing his best work. If he was 5 years younger or gave the business a few more years guys would appreciate him more but really his run on top was stop-start because either his bicep, or pec, or quad or whatever would go out as soon as he'd get going and he was gone when he really got going. His work with Triple H, Eddie, Taker, Edge, Rey and Cena was pretty good though.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
:ohhh: So when Cornette was out of ideas, he would ask his wife's kink fantasies? :skip: "Honey, Vince needs a new Main Eventer. I got this man named Dave Bautista, I need to get him a gimmick to get him over. What would turn YOU on sugarpie?"

"A tall, bald, muscular man that thinks he is a vampire and bites my ass repeatedly."

Y0rx0K9.gif

:skip: "Well god damn! I think I can work something up for you!"
....idk where you found this gif but your search history must be terrifying breh :russ:

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps

I’m Genuinely Asking lol

He was that guy in 2005, he had so much momentum that year after he put Triple H through the table :wow:.

tumblr_ma3a7hji951qcy33vo1_250.gif

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Leviathan

I remember seeing pictures of him in WWE magazine. They always had little spotlights on up and coming developmental guys like him, The Damaja, Prototype (Cena) etc.

I was blown away like whoa.. whoever this freak lookin nikka is will destroy the whole roster whenever he finally pulls up

:whoo:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
They needed a star on smackdown, so they made him into one. Wasn't great on the ring but he definitely held his own.

There weren't much big face stars on smackdown on 2007 onwards so Batista was their sole face dude outside of undertaker I think

Was also a bit injury prone. His first reign ended abruptly due to injury. Missed mania 22 and 25 because of injury

His arguably best run was late 2019 when he turned heel on rey Mysterio
Rey was supposed to be his friend :mjcry: he was supposed to be a good fodder as well but Rey failed on that too :snoop:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Leviathan

I remember seeing pictures of him in WWE magazine. They always had little spotlights on up and coming developmental guys like him, The Damaja, Prototype (Cena) etc.

I was blown away like whoa.. whoever this freak lookin nikka is will destroy the whole roster whenever he finally pulls up

:whoo:

But he was used as DeVon's muscle. Trips picking him for Evolution saved his career. Cornette hates Johnny Ace til this day for what he did to OVW talent calling them up too early or giving them horrible gimmicks like Nick Dismore and the Bashams, Jillian Hall etc.

When JR was head of talent relations he used OVW the right way not just a developmental but a true minor league team. Affiliated but ran independently getting their own tv contracts, call ups and send downs.