Bay Area Radio Station Brings on Tim Donaghy to Cop Pre-emptive Conspiracy Pleas Ahead of Game 5

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Ex-NBA Ref Who Fixed Games Suggests League Will Look to Influence Tonight’s NBA Finals Game
by Joe DePaolo | 5:17 pm, June 12th, 2017

Screen-Shot-2017-06-12-at-4.38.36-PM-1-e1497300234684-650x474.jpg

It is not the biggest leap to suggest — though they’d never admit it publicly — deep down, NBA honchos are rooting for the Cleveland Cavaliers to win tonight’s NBA Finals Game 5 in order to extend the series to a sixth game. But would they ever go so far as to try to influence the outcome in order to generate that result? A man who pleaded guilty to fixing NBA games says yes, the NBA is capable of doing that.

In an interview with KNBR radio in San Francisco, Tim Donaghy, the disgraced former NBA referee who served more than a year in federal prison after pleading guilty to two felony counts relating to fixing games, said that he believes the NBA will look to influence the referees by showing them missed calls from the previous game.

“I think they’re going to show [the referees] a lot of plays that should’ve been called against Golden State and weren’t… It’s a situation where they’re going to try to get a Game 6 and open things up to create some more revenue for the league,” Donaghy said.

Donaghy claims he felt as though the NBA often had a clear preference in games that he officiated.

“I’ve been in the situation before, I’ve been in these meetings, I’ve been in these sessions,” Donaghy said. “I’ve walked out of them with my crew and kind of laughed thinking to ourselves, ‘Wow, they really want the Lakers,’ or ‘They want the Spurs, or the Cleveland Cavaliers to win tonight.’ It’s no secret we’ve walked out of these sessions laughing because David Stern was on TV one time saying the best NBA Finals would be the Lakers vs. the Lakers. It’s in the back of their mind at all times what’s best for the league.”

Donaghy spent 13 years in the league before he was forced to resign for fixing games on which he was said to either have directly placed a wager or was being paid by a bookmaker to influence outcomes.

Ex-NBA Ref Who Fixed Games Suggests League Will Look to Influence Tonight’s NBA Finals Game

Remember when Trumpsters all started claiming the Democrats were gonna rig the election prior to November 8th?
full

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course thats what he says..... anytime hes asked that question thats his answer.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
of course thats what he says..... anytime hes asked that question thats his answer.
I think its funny that a San Fran radio station is already hatching these ironic excuses for if they lose tonight, and of course they try to bring him on as some sort of authority on the matter lol. Wonder how much they paid him.

Daps
Threadstarter has some nerve talking about copping pre-emptive conspiracy pleas and "hatching these ironic excuses for if they lose tonight" as if he hasn't been doing the same shyt for the last three seasons, he just posted this nonsense the other day -
Are the refs suddenly gonna start calling moving screens, 3 seconds, double dribbles and all the other various things that allow the Warriors to operate the way they do? Probabaly not.
Lack of self-awareness is on some other shyt. :heh:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
They can't keep having bullshyt games it ruins the integrity of the game in the long run and people will stop watching.

Having a few calls go the Cavs way in game 3 and the end of game 4 is all the fixing they can realistically do. They just gotta let them play and don't call ticky tack fouls.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I think its funny that a San Fran radio station is already hatching these ironic excuses for if they lose tonight, and of course they try to bring him on as some sort of authority on the matter lol. Wonder how much they paid him.
You stay talking about refs fixing games for the Warriors. You're a fukking hypocrite.

Daps
Are the refs suddenly gonna start calling moving screens, 3 seconds, double dribbles and all the other various things that allow the Warriors to operate the way they do? Probabaly not.

giphy.gif

I applaud your dedication

Not difficult to be dedicated to simple truth. Your dedication to pretending obvious bullshyt is legit is the far more strenuous task, yet disgusts me to no end.

All you're left with is complaining about refs... thats how thin your argument has gotten. Stay disgusted, it suits you.
062716_tinfoil_med_q1w5xf7p.gif

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Threadstarter has some nerve talking about conspiracies and "hatching these ironic excuses for if they lose tonight" as if he hasn't been doing the same shyt for the last three seasons, he just posted this nonsense the other day -

Lack of self-awareness is on some other shyt. :heh:
:heh: Read the transcript, dummy. Even Donaghy, who was brought on to try to substantiate the local Warriors' radio hosts theories that if the Cavs win its because of the refs, suggested that NBA officials may try to influence the outcome by "showing referees a lot of plays that should've been called against Golden State and weren't."

He was supposed to come on and talk about the officials helping Cleveland and the best he could offer is explaining that refs may be encouraged to call the game correctly. :dead: