BBC's War & Peace

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anybody up on War & Peace? I'm two episodes in (out of 6). The last episode airs today in Britain.

It's pretty good and has amazing shots, scenery, and acting. The story is a bit lacking though (at least so far), but I'm enjoying it. Anybody else watching it? It's a great period piece, based on a classic book by the same name. There are a lot of famous faces in it too (including Gillian Anderson)
Russia 1805. When Pierre (Paul Dano), Natasha (Lily James) and Andrei (James Norton) are first introduced, their youthful ambition, despite their privileged circumstances, is to find meaning in their lives. Kind-hearted but awkward Pierre, the illegitimate son of Russia’s richest man, wants to change the world for the better. The beautiful and spirited Natasha is searching for true love, while handsome and gallant Andrei, frustrated with the superficiality of society, seeks a higher purpose.

At the same time Napoleon’s army edges ever closer to Russia’s borders. As everything they thought they knew is thrown into question, Pierre, Andrei and Natasha find themselves in a time when Russian lives are about to change forever

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Idk bro I tried. My ol lady made me sit thru first two.
Acting and screenplay is great but it's definitely not my thing. Too uptight and the plot moves slow asf.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Idk bro I tried. My ol lady made me sit thru first two.
Acting and screenplay is great but it's definitely not my thing. Too uptight and the plot moves slow asf.
It does move slow as fukk, but everything else is pretty top notch. I'm gonna finish it up tonight. Then I'll pretend like a read the book :lolbron:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Finished it up last night. It's alright. 7/10

Lily James though :noah:

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
I never read the novel but the show was pretty good. It made me crave a show about Napoleon though.

I'm still surprised I can't find any good series about William the Conquer and Charlemagne :scust:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I saw this... it was visually stunning and the costumes were great. Didnt like the acting that much, Lilly james was awful in this :yeshrug:
I dont remember the book being this soapy. I guess they didnt focus more on the war parts because it would have costed more