Be Careful which college you choose Brehs and Brehettes, it may not be worth it.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
According To Goldman Sachs, College May Not Be Financially Worth It Anymore.

Sample of article:

Between paying tuition while you’re enrolled and paying off student loans upon graduation, many are left in whopping debt… A recent report by American multinational investment banking firm Goldman Sachs suggests that the expense of a college degree is increasing to the point that it might not be worth the money anymore. “The average return on going to college is falling,” Goldman researchers wrote, and “many students are better off not going to mediocre colleges — ones that rank in the bottom 25% of all universities.” Goldman also broke down the how exactly a college degree doesn’t pay itself off or even break even. The investment banking firm found that in 2010, the average college student had to work 8 years to break even on their bachelor’s degree investment– they’d be nearly 30 years old.

:ufdup: I emphasized that part because I know how you anti-college Coli brehs and Brehettes, like to lump all colleges like this.

Ranking top 25 worse of the worse

1409-Miller1_article.jpg

Devry ranks in the top 10 for college degrees, giving to black people. We're better than this.

Top Producers of African American Baccalaureate Degree Recipients 2015

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Devry ranks in the top 10 for college degrees, giving to black people. We're better than this.

Top Producers of African American Baccalaureate Degree Recipients 2015
U.S. files suit against DeVry University, alleging students were misled

U.S. files suit against DeVry University, alleging students were misled

The U.S. Federal Trade Commission filed suit against the operators of DeVry University on Wednesday, alleging that the for-profit education group misled students about their job prospects and potential earnings after graduation.

The suit focuses on two claims DeVry made in advertisements on television, radio and social media: that 90% of graduates seeking employment got jobs in their fields within six months and that students' incomes a year after graduation were 15% higher than the average of all other college graduates.

The FTC complaint, filed in federal court in Southern California, alleges those claims are "false and unsubstantiated."

This is the latest action against for-profit colleges, which are facing increasing scrutiny from state and federal regulators amid evidence of aggressive recruiting, high costs and poor student performance.

In the Devry case, the government said DeVry counted students who were working the same jobs before enrolling toward the 90% success rate. In other cases, the complaint alleges DeVry stretched the definition of graduates "employed in their field."

For example, a business administration graduate was considered employed in the field by working as a server at the Cheesecake Factory. Graduates of the technical management program were also counted as employed, though they were working as unpaid volunteers at a medical center, according to the suit.

The suit also questioned the methodology of DeVry's claims about students earning 15% more than other average college graduates, saying the school's own internal data showed graduates did not earn significantly more.

"We want people to be making informed choices based on accurate information," said Christina Tusan, a staff attorney in the FTC's Los Angeles office. "That's our concern in these types of cases."

DeVry, which is based outside Chicago and operates more than a dozen campuses across California, said the FTC's complaint is "without a valid legal basis." In a statement, the company said the lawsuits relies on "anecdotal examples that exaggerate the allegations but do not prove them."

The company said it measures employment and earnings of graduates on a "sound, rational and transparent basis, and has published these results in a consistent manner over the years."

See the most-read stories this hour >>
There is no national standard for measuring employment statistics, DeVry said.

The U.S. Department of Education also announced it would require DeVry to stop certain advertisements about job prospects for students and to hire an auditor to examine any future claims.

The FTC suit seeks an injunction and monetary compensation for past and current DeVry students.

BurnSlow

Supahflyyyy
Daps
Reppin
Errwhere
Gotta do that research when you preparing to make big investments!!! Sadly, college is the first big investment we make in life and a lotta shorties do'nt have the info they need to make an informed choice.

Research the college and your end game (useless degrees can be a huge waste of money, like buying a nice house in a fukked up real estate area)
Prepare all requirements (Get them SAT/ACT study joints and go to class in HS a little)
Mutlitple options (Visit these joints and talk to students, pick one that has great VALUE)

No For-profit joints and look at them gotdamn success rates (graduation//employment//retention)

Good luck shorties! And all my returning to school grown folk :salute:

Last edited:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Aint this bout a bytch. I go to Clark:mjcry:im on a military scholarship though:manny:so im going in once i graduate

Fcked up part about it is i knew when i was 17-18 that (for a large portion of people) college sometimes isnt the best financial decision..But nikkas love to major in bullshyt/go greek/and blow backs out for 4-5 years then say it was the best times of their lives..Like breh chances are you'll live to be 70, but your "best years" are over at 22-23?:childplease:

Do your own research before you become a modern day slave brehs! its all a setup:whew:

Tapp

All Star
Daps
Aint this bout a bytch. I go to Clark:mjcry:im on a military scholarship though:manny:so im going in once i graduate

Fcked up part about it is i knew when i was 17-18 that (for a large portion of people) college sometimes isnt the best financial decision..But nikkas love to major in bullshyt/go greek/and blow backs out for 4-5 years then say it was the best times of their lives..Like breh chances are you'll live to be 70, but your "best years" are over at 22-23?:childplease:

Do your own research before you become a modern day slave brehs! its all a setup:whew:
:francis:

:deadrose::deadrose::deadrose::deadrose::deadrose:

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)

problem is, kids want to go to school that they can't afford. it sucks, it really does.

Why would you buy a top notch ride with payments that are +600 a month knowing you only make about 850.... same concept with college.

I'm not bragging, but I have a bachelors and a masters degree... and i'm working on my second masters now and I have ZERO college debt.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
problem is, kids want to go to school that they can't afford. it sucks, it really does.

Why would you buy a top notch ride with payments that are +600 a month knowing you only make about 850.... same concept with college.

I'm not bragging, but I have a bachelors and a masters degree... and i'm working on my second masters now and I have ZERO college debt.

Zero college debt?:whoo:

What college did you attend bruh?

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
I went to school and finish with only minimal debt.

I spoke about this in a different thread. I would never pay a large sum of money to basically teach myself.

I would just pay the money to go to tech school. In my state they give grants to adults seeking secondary education.