Been Having Trouble At Work With The Head Manager (Even Though I'm ONE Of The BEST There)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Alright, I do my work and everything, but I had three encounters with the guy. He's a Caucasian older guy and we have a hiring manager the female who hired me. Anyway, he was getting all upset over something I didn't do. I explained to him I was at lunch this was Friday. Dude says to me, "he's fired stock people for putting things in the wrong place and begins to act irrational". This was AFTER :mindblown: I told him I was at lunch. Then, proceeds to give me a speech on how this is his lively hood and has been doing it for 30 years. Has anyone had this issue before? Because it's weird when you are the best worker there and coworkers are giving you the heads up. However, the head guy constantly whines about it. Had THREE YES THREE:mindblown: negative encounters with the guy. Plus, yesterday the shift manager brings the incident up AGAIN that I had with the head guy :snoop: He treats me like I'm an idiot even though I do my job well. Is it a good idea to have a private discussion with him when I go back to work? Plus he asked how old I am. He then says in a stern voice, "I've been doing this longer than you been alive". Me STUNNED :wow:I'm not even a drama person, but other coworkers argue with each other. Have an interview tomorrow for another job. Hopefully, I get it and I'm just trying to stay out of trouble, so in the future I can get a letter of recommendation when I start my career. Whats your advice?

P.S. the shift manager is a different person than the lady who hired me.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
If theres no one above this guy you're pretty much fukked. It's his house he can say what he wants.

If not talk to hr and start documenting all your interactions with him.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I'm sure there's plenty more .minimum wage stocking jobs where this one came from, hit up Wally World

Daps
Alright, I do my work and everything, but I had three encounters with the guy. He's a Caucasian older guy and we have a hiring manager the female who hired me. Anyway, he was getting all upset over something I didn't do. I explained to him I was at lunch this was Friday. Dude says to me, "he's fired stock people for putting things in the wrong place and begins to act irrational". This was AFTER :mindblown: I told him I was at lunch. Then, proceeds to give me a speech on how this is his lively hood and has been doing it for 30 years. Has anyone had this issue before? Because it's weird when you are the best worker there and coworkers are giving you the heads up. However, the head guy constantly whines about it. Had THREE YES THREE:mindblown: negative encounters with the guy. Plus, yesterday the shift manager brings the incident up AGAIN that I had with the head guy :snoop: He treats me like I'm an idiot even though I do my job well. Is it a good idea to have a private discussion with him when I go back to work? Plus he asked how old I am. He then says in a stern voice, "I've been doing this longer than you been alive". Me STUNNED :wow:I'm not even a drama person, but other coworkers argue with each other. Have an interview tomorrow for another job. Hopefully, I get it and I'm just trying to stay out of trouble, so in the future I can get a letter of recommendation when I start my career. Whats your advice?

This happens when people in a management position are threatened by a worker that they supervise. He's knows you're smarter than him so he's gonna give you shyt to try and make you quit. If there's no room for upward advancement I would say it's like to look for another job.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
As someone else said, go the HR route. Having that shyt documented is the best thing you can do to prevent being fired over it or getting a bad recommendation. If you looking for a new job, list your company HR rep on your app as a contact, not the manager directly, AFTER you document it with them.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
As someone else said, go the HR route. Having that shyt documented is the best thing you can do to prevent being fired over it or getting a bad recommendation. If you looking for a new job, list your company HR rep on your app as a contact, not the manager directly, AFTER you document it with them.
Damn I gotta find who my HR Rep is :ohhh:

This happens when people in a management position are threatened by a worker that they supervise. He's knows you're smarter than him so he's gonna give you shyt to try and make you quit. If there's no room for upward advancement I would say it's like to look for another job.
Same thing my mother told me. He probably thinks I'm gunning for his job which is totally not the case. I'm just using this job to develop my skills for my career.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps

I've had this issue before. Particularly being promoted and the boss of people who are older than me. This might be a mixture of race and/or just petty ass bitterness on his part because he views his age as some sort of asset.

In my case it was strictly age difference (the person I had issues with was another black person). When I was promoted to manager of my group, this person flipped their shyt and made me miserable until the hammer was dropped on their ass. They would always try to throw how much longer they were in the same job position as me in my face (yet never mentioned how much of an inferior worker than me they were) and always hint at things being wrong with me because of my age. They really didn't like being managed by someone who was younger than they were and who came onto a job shortly after they did (they were only there maybe a month longer :wtf: so this bitterness was really weird).

However, that performance review the next year set them straight and the problems ceased :sas1:

Last edited: