Being a Celebrity ie Rich and Famous is Overrated

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Besides for being paid to do what you love, it's overrated.

Hollyweird is full of a bunch of weirdos. It's just like high school. People got posses of people that are only there for the lifestyle they provide. A lot of celebrities especially women are insecure as they are always being critiqued about their looks, getting all types of plastic surgery done, lightening their skin, male celebrities getting hair transplants, etc.

Most relationships are short-lived and dysfunctional. They are basically that weird group in high school that all date each other. Celebrities mainly rappers and athletes all run through the same women literally. And many even try to wife said women.

They are paranoid about people who enter into their lives and aren't genuine. Worried about getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant trying to get 18 years of child support.

If they are known well enough, they can't go out and about without being swarmed by a group of people wanting autographs and pictures.

The money also doesn't last forever. A lot go bankrupt and broke after not paying taxes, not being able to continue living their lifestyle after the paychecks stop coming etc.

Being a celebrity from a young age gets you exposed to things children shouldn't be exposed to. Many times your parents abandon you and you are raised by hollywood, your manager etc because your parents basically gave you up so they don't have to work anymore. How many boys in boy bands at the age of 12 or 13 talk about how they have sex with grown women in their 20s? Or being molested by their managers?

Or female artists being in relationships with their managers like Alicia Keys, Aaliyah just to name a few.

A lot of people worship and idolize celebrities, but deep down I think they feel very alone because there are so many fake people around them.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Hollyweird is full of a bunch of weirdos. It's just like high school. People got posses of people that are only there for the lifestyle they provide. A lot of celebrities especially women are insecure as they are always being critiqued about their looks, getting all types of plastic surgery done, lightening their skin, male celebrities getting hair transplants, etc.

Most relationships are short-lived and dysfunctional. They are basically that weird group in high school that all date each other. Celebrities mainly rappers and athletes all run through the same women literally. And many even try to wife said women.

They are paranoid about people who enter into their lives and aren't genuine. Worried about getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant trying to get 18 years of child support.

If they are known well enough, they can't go out and about without being swarmed by a group of people wanting autographs and pictures.

The money also doesn't last forever. A lot go bankrupt and broke after not paying taxes, not being able to continue living their lifestyle after the paychecks stop coming etc.

Being a celebrity from a young age gets you exposed to things children shouldn't be exposed to. Many times your parents abandon you and you are raised by hollywood, your manager etc because your parents basically gave you up so they don't have to work anymore. How many boys in boy bands at the age of 12 or 13 talk about how they have sex with grown women in their 20s? Or being molested by their managers?

Or female artists being in relationships with their managers like Alicia Keys, Aaliyah just to name a few.

A lot of people worship and idolize celebrities, but deep down I think they feel very alone because there are so many fake people around them.
tomorrow a studio owners spots you on the street

OMG you're the next Leo.... i want to give you 20 million dollars to be the next new jedi in star wars... and another 20 million for the third

you turning it down? :jbhmm:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
tomorrow a studio owners spots you on the street

OMG you're the next Leo.... i want to give you 20 million dollars to be the next new jedi in star wars... and another 20 million for the third

you turning it down? :jbhmm:
At what cost though? And I wouldn't put my private life out in the media. Just keep it all about my career and that's it.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I hear you but this reeks of justifying why one hasn't made "it".

I wish more black entertainers and athletes pursued self-actualization.

Create economies for their people. What can you do, though?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
At what cost though? And I wouldn't put my private life out in the media. Just keep it all about my career and that's it.
breh you can do whatever you want

you saying being a celeb is overrated.. i don't think ANY celeb wants to be a celeb... meaning they want the money.. and the lifestyle of being rich as fukk

but most hide from cameras unless it's an event.. most don't want to deal with fans.. they love the vip and free millionaire shyt... but they don't want the extra

so no.... there is no hiding your life and keeping it about your career... you on posters for fukking billion dollar star wars... you gotta show up to events and sell this movie... you gotta go eat right? your girl gonna wanna go to the oscars... you want to spend that money... someone gonna recognize you and take pics or run up on you

you taking the 40 milly or nah? how over rated is it really?

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas

This is no different from real life, :ohhh: