Being cheated on is GOOD for women

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
When a woman's partner cheats on her, the betrayal and grief she experiences afterwards can be difficult to get over.

But researchers have found that women who lose their unfaithful man to another women may actually be winners in the long run.

They say the experience she gains from the infidelity of their partner helps them make better mate choices in the future.

And perhaps most gratifyingly of all, their partner's new woman is actually the ultimate loser.

Dr Craig Morris, an evolutionary biologist at Binghamton University in New York, who led the study, said: 'If we have evolved to seek out and maintain relationships, then it seems logical that there would be evolved mechanisms and responses to relationship termination.

Our thesis is that the woman who "loses" her mate to another woman will go through a period of post-relationship grief and betrayal, but come out of the experience with higher mating intelligence that allows her to better detect cues in future mates that may indicate low mate value.

'Hence, in the long-term, she "wins". The "other woman", conversely, is now in a relationship with a partner who has a demonstrated history of deception and, likely, infidelity.

'Thus, in the long-term, she "loses".'

Working with colleagues at University College London, Dr Morris conducted an online survey of 5,705 people in 96 different countries about their relationship breakups.

Their findings showed that while discovering an unfaithful partner could have negative short-term effects, in the long run it actually benefited women.

They said women who had been cheated on tended to be more psychologically attuned to making better choices about partners in the future.

Writing in the Oxford Handbook of Women and Competition, Dr Morris and his colleagues said this may have evolved to help women cope with competition for partners.

'Female competition for male attention is multifaceted,' the researchers said.

'Typically psychological and relational in nature, this competition may be no less damaging than physical violence more commonly used between males.

'If negative emotions exist because they provide an evolutionary advantage then emotions arising from the loss of a mate to a sexual rival may potentially motivate actions that could make one avoid this scenario in the future.'

The experts added that as well as helping women make better choices about their future partners, it may also aid their personal development in other areas of their life.

Dr Morris said the findings could also help women cope better with the emotional trauma that follows a relationship breakup.

He said: 'They can learn that they are not alone - that virtually everyone goes through this, that it's okay to seek help if needed and that they will get through it.'

Read more: Being cheated on can be GOOD for you, study finds
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

#HOH nikkas doin yall a favor :ufdup:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
If every man cheats there will be nothing left worth waiting for. Waiting in vain is not the business.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
We need to tear down that current model we view as the ideal relationship and rebuild it into something that's more sustainable over time.

The concept of "I love you and you love me. Therefore I hearby sentence you to a lifetime of loving me and only me" model is far outdated.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Hov did that so hopefully Bey would have to go through that?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need to tear down that current model we view as the ideal relationship and rebuild it into something that's more sustainable over time.

The concept of "I love you and you love me. Therefore I hearby sentence you to a lifetime of loving me and only me" model is far outdated.
True, I doubt this generation will have people getting married 50+ years with no cheating in the mix.

The longest dating couple I know been together 8 years, BUT he has cheated with at least 7-8 women, she knows about 2 only. All he has to say sorry and she goess right back.

I guess women nowadays gonna have to accept that a man of means gonna have side chicks. If women want someone who is faithful they might have to give the ugly/broke/nerd guy a chance because his chances of cheating are veryyy low

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

:jbhmm:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
True, I doubt this generation will have people getting married 50+ years with no cheating in the mix.

The longest dating couple I know been together 8 years, BUT he has cheated with at least 7-8 women, she knows about 2 only. All he has to say sorry and she goess right back.

I guess women nowadays gonna have to accept that a man of means gonna have side chicks. If women want someone who is faithful they might have to give the ugly/broke/nerd guy a chance because his chances of cheating are veryyy low
Yeah but im not delusional , doggy. While i know that i lust for other women and feel i should be able to satisfy my desire for other women...i also understand that my woman could/would have the same feelings towards other men and therefore should be able to do the same if she chooses. :yeshrug: Wether or not you're ready to accept this will be key. Nothing in this world is for free. Always a price to pay. So if im ready to get some strange whenever im good with her doing the same

It makes so much sense when you think about it,brehs. :blessed:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah but im not delusional , doggy. While i know that i lust for other women and feel i should be able to satisfy my desire for other women...i also understand that my woman could/would have the same feelings towards other men and therefore should be able to do the same if she chooses. :yeshrug: Wether or not you're ready to accept this will be key. Nothing in this world is for free. Always a price to pay. So if im ready to get some strange whenever im good with her doing the same

It makes so much sense when you think about it,brehs. :blessed:
I mean I wouldn't go for it but good on you.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I mean I wouldn't go for it but good on you.
Me and my main girl have already discussed what the parameters of an open relationship would look like. The other chicks know im seeing someone and my main girl knows i have a side but we just dont talk about it much right now.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Me and my main girl have already discussed what the parameters of an open relationship would look like. The other chicks know im seeing someone and my main girl knows i have a side but we just dont talk about it much right now.
Hey man, if everyone knows what's going on :salute:

Govana

Dancehall ah mi everyting
Daps
Thank you Beyonce for setting this in motion :blessed:

Bedwench threads are at an all time low, and a new type of woman bashing is on the rise :ahh:

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Could go either way.
Could make you refine your tastes, expand your horizons and more clearly identify your relationship goals.

Or

Could make you a miserable scorned bytch with trust issues who self sabotages every future relationship.

The saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" doesn't really apply to everyone.
:yeshrug: