Being White In Philly

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
I agree to an extent. We can't define ourselves by how other's view us but your point about black activist creating this facade of a black community for their own gain was way off base IMO. And how is racist attitudes towards black people meaningless? When basic ass needs such as employment/career advancment and fair housing opportunities etc can and have been denied because of some people's racist ideology. Wanting equality and wanting handouts are not one in the same.

I know what you're getting at though, we can't just play the blame game and expect things to improve.

yeah that's my exact point, we have to build our own community and economy. That's how we end up having a black community, by developing it, investing in it, and building an economy around it. Right now its just sports and entertainment.

I should have been more clear about the black activist, I'm referring to the black activist of today. Like for example, Cornell West, a black intellectual, who just talks pure nonsense, and seems desperate for relevance, knowing he gets a few stacks every time he makes a speech talking that bullshyt. There was a time when a black activist had an important role during the civil rights era and earlier, but that time is over now, and the evolution of that activist should probably be the black entrepreneur, and we're not talking about blacks going into the "music business." We're talking about black construction companies so fair housing isn't an issue, and other black businesses so career opportunities isnt an issue. The black consumer spends a lot more money than their share of the population would suggest, how much of that money stays in the so called "community?" :manny:

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
yeah that's my exact point, we have to build our own community and economy. That's how we end up having a black community, by developing it, investing in it, and building an economy around it. Right now its just sports and entertainment.

I should have been more clear about the black activist, I'm referring to the black activist of today. Like for example, Cornell West, a black intellectual, who just talks pure nonsense, and seems desperate for relevance, knowing he gets a few stacks every time he makes a speech talking that bullshyt. There was a time when a black activist had an important role during the civil rights era and earlier, but that time is over now, and the evolution of that activist should probably be the black entrepreneur, and we're not talking about blacks going into the "music business." We're talking about black construction companies so fair housing isn't an issue, and other black businesses so career opportunities isnt an issue. The black consumer spends a lot more money than their share of the population would suggest, how much of that money stays in the so called "community?" :manny:

Oh ok I follow u now bruh and I'm in a 100% agreement with u. :cheers: I personally think the first step to achieving this is through knowledge of self. Learning our history, true history (pre slavery) is paramount to get some self worth. Many of us won't support black businesses because of the inferiority complex many of us have.