Bernie Sanders is the most popular senator in the US by 25% Net Approval

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nap is napping and dead7 is dead7ing what else is new .

They see something good about Bernie and come in the thread like :stopitslime::scust::martin:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Where did that poll come from?

Too bad Bernie's popularity couldn't translate to him being President.

:mjcry:
@wire28

Is he really still a frontrunner for the party? Because Dems are really taking a good look at Biden right now. How much of the base is actually progressive as opposed to just liberal?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
If you interpret Bernie's message as just "free stuff" then you're not paying attention to what the man is actually saying. He doesn't believe necessities like healthcare, education, etc. should be a privilege. Most advanced Western countries understand this but us.

I'm curious if you have any examples of him saying it's "free" or if you're just taking "healthcare is a right, not a privilege" to mean that it's free; not saying that to be clever either. Have you seen him use that language or did you infer it?

only a pseudo intellectual ass hat would consider TAXPAYER funded benefits “free shyt”
kick rocks republic*nt.
:hubie:
“As president, I will fight to make tuition in public colleges and universities free, as well as substantially lower interest rates on student loans.” ~ Sen. Bernie Sanders

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:hubie:
“As president, I will fight to make tuition in public colleges and universities free, as well as substantially lower interest rates on student loans.” ~ Sen. Bernie Sanders

My bad, I thought you were talking about healthcare which is explicit in the the part of my post you didn’t bold. Figured when you said “free shyt” that you we’re focused on Medicare for all and not an education initiative. I tend to assume that education is an investment and didn’t expect that to be your single focus as such. Specificity is definitely our friend here.

Now that we’ve gotten down to a more focused concept, I’d argue that the majority of his approval rating is related to other aspects of his messaging, mainly Medicare for all (which he released a list of potential taxes to pay for) and holding big banks accountable. But free college education for students is certainly playing a role in the love he gets from younger generations, though I do consider it free education for the students themselves. Since I perceive long term rewards, I don’t mind investing in that or on a similar note investing in infrastructure.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I really wish he wasn't so old. But if he's running again I'm definitely registering as a democrat (doing that regardless) so I can vote for him in the primaries. My dumb ass thought I was being smart by registering as an independent. :snoop:
In NC you can pick