Bernie Sanders speaks on future of his movement, HRC, Obama, TPP, and more

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
he knew he was going to lose and wanted a piece of the pie once hillary was crowned.

thats why he gave his endorsement to a person he had been relentlessly bashing for months as the epitome of everything wrong with politics. if he was truly principled he wouldnt have endorsed her (or ran as a democrat in the first place, would have been an independent). bern was just the latest fad politician, at the end of the day he is like all the rest, a politician
You gotta be trolling :heh: Independents hardly get the media coverage like that. Also, he wants that platform passed, so it was smart for him to endorse Clinton and hold her to her word. It's called pulling the card.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His biggest problem was that he didn't separate Clinton from Black and Latino voters. If he could have warmed up earlier with the talk about prison reform and framed Hillary as a proponent of the Prison-Industrial complex, he could have stolen some voters in the proportional states and probably taken the lead eventually. I just don't think the Sanders campaign was prepared for such a close race ironically. They probably didn't think it would have been such a war.

I don't think they understood the diversity of views within the Democrats, it is not exactly a liberal party and there are many voters in the party that could easily be Republican. West Virginia Democrats for example could easily be Republicans. They assumed policy trumps outreach and even gave up on entire states especially in the South which they called conservative, Mark Penn made the same mistake running Hillary's campaign in 08 assuming winning large states was all that mattered. In proportional allocation even reducing the margin of defeat in South Carolina from the close to 50 points he lost to something like the 15points or so in OH or NY would have helped down the road.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You gotta be trolling :heh: Independents hardly get the media coverage like that. Also, he wants that platform passed, so it was smart for him to endorse Clinton and hold her to her word. It's called pulling the card.
is it about media coverage or sticking to your principles? does running as a democrat make him more attractive to progressives than if he ran as an independent, the ideals are still the same.

he cant hold her to shyt, he goes back to being a senator in vermont and she'll be president. she owes him nothing, she beat him.

you are the epitome of a troll tho so you are lucky i gave you more than half a bar this time

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I don't think they understood the diversity of views within the Democrats, it is not exactly a liberal party and there are many voters in the party that could easily be Republican. West Virginia Democrats for example could easily be Republicans. They assumed policy trumps outreach and even gave up on entire states especially in the South which they called conservative, Mark Penn made the same mistake running Hillary's campaign in 08 assuming winning large states was all that mattered. In proportional allocation even reducing the margin of defeat in South Carolina from the close to 50 points he lost to something like the 15points or so in OH or NY would have helped down the road.
That isn't what happened. Sanders never started out with the intention of winning. He never realized he would do so well. Their strategy was to win as many states as possible to have cachet from the left to force progressive policies on to the platform. He achieved that goal.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His biggest problem was that he didn't separate Clinton from Black and Latino voters. If he could have warmed up earlier with the talk about prison reform and framed Hillary as a proponent of the Prison-Industrial complex, he could have stolen some voters in the proportional states and probably taken the lead eventually. I just don't think the Sanders campaign was prepared for such a close race ironically. They probably didn't think it would have been such a war.

Do you live in the southeast? I think you're really underestimating the political ties and relationships of the clintons. Bernie's biggest issue is that a lot of black folks just had no clue who he was and he didn't develop a big enough footprint until it was too late.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
is it about media coverage or sticking to your principles? does running as a democrat make him more attractive to progressives than if he ran as an independent, the ideals are still the same.

he cant hold her to shyt, he goes back to being a senator in vermont and she'll be president. she owes him nothing, she beat him.

you are the epitome of a troll tho so you are lucky i gave you more than half a bar this time
So Obama owed HRC nothing when she helped him unite the party in 08? This is foolish. That's like saying Romney owed the Tea Party nothing. I don't even know who you're arguing with so I must have them on ignore but you guys are clearly going to be intolerable for the next four years. Bernie Sanders is the next chair of the Senate Budget Committee and is the most popular politician in America. To pretend that HRC won't have to work with him is hilarious. No Senator will have more control over the budget than him. Moreover, the party is farther to the left than leaders. Sanders will be needed time and again to get progressives on board. He's now more powerful than ever before. You're smarter than this. I swear you guys all just like being bitter a$$holes to each other.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
So Obama owed HRC nothing when she helped him unite the party in 08? This is foolish. That's like saying Romney owed the Tea Party nothing. I don't even know who you're arguing with so I must have them on ignore but you guys are clearly going to be intolerable for the next four years. Bernie Sanders is the next chair of the Senate Budget Committee and is the most popular politician in America. To pretend that HRC won't have to work with him is hilarious. No Senator will have more control over the budget than him. Moreover, the party is farther to the left than leaders. Sanders will be needed time and again to get progressives on board. He's now more powerful than ever before. You're smarter than this. I swear you guys all just like being bitter a$$holes to each other.

@wire28 just likes to root for his favorite sports team, the Washington Hillsets. It's a big part of his identity :to:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

If he ran as an Independent he wouldn't have a strong impact. This is common sense :snoop:

P.S. I'm a troll :dahell: Trust me, I'm not a troll.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
she has to work with him of course, i didnt say she wouldnt. but she owes him nothing. he isnt going to stop her from doing most of what she wants to do, she will be president. bernie is popular now, if he is still popular two years from now around midterm time and actually gets the people who sat at home a few months ago to get up and vote then i'll :salute:

you acting like she as president is going to have to bend to every whim of his :mjlol: "because progressives" :mjlol:

the country is naturally moving left and will continue to do so. bernie and his movement can be judged on what happens in the next midterms. he has all this momentum now lets see if it actually translates into anything when the booths open in two years

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
Do you live in the southeast? I think you're really underestimating the political ties and relationships of the clintons. Bernie's biggest issue is that a lot of black folks just had no clue who he was and he didn't develop a big enough footprint until it was too late.
That and nikkas just really like blue flavored capitalism.:yeshrug:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
14650057_10206339266558886_5415091743156455505_n.jpg

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Ever since I put Nappy on ignore this place has been way better...This country is completely bought out by corporations and will only get worse in the next decade...
@Mansa Musa
@JahFocus CS
@kevm3
Sad to say, but if people don't wake up it will get worse :snoop: We need more statesmen in political office and not liar corporate whore representatives.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
That isn't what happened. Sanders never started out with the intention of winning. He never realized he would do so well. Their strategy was to win as many states as possible to have cachet from the left to force progressive policies on to the platform. He achieved that goal.

Clinton, Chaffee, O'Malley and Webb were such daunting competition? Really?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:what: