BEST HORROR MOVIES SERIES

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think 4 is mediocre at all. It gets back to the rawness of the first two while also having something interesting to say and has some pretty sharp satire
I think my issues with 4 are how nobody involved with the movie had the balls to make any lasting changes to the franchise. The film punked out at doing anything more than rehash what had come before. I was hoping to see it turn the page on Sydney, Dewey and Gail but the movie didn't have the courage to do it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think my issues with 4 are how nobody involved with the movie had the balls to make any lasting changes to the franchise. The film punked out at doing anything more than rehash what had come before. I was hoping to see it turn the page on Sydney, Dewey and Gail but the movie didn't have the courage to do it.

I'll agree with the last part and I have a feeling that's one of the issues that led Kevin Williamson to flip them the bird and walk, but I think overall it works really well and gives the series its teeth back from an intelligence standpoint and a violence standpoint

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anybody check out the video by Screen Junkies where they did a Best Horror Franchise tournament?

For those not interested in watching the whole thing here are the matchups and results:

ROUND 1
(1) Exorcist vs (16) Hellraiser
(8) Paranormal Activity vs (9) Poltergeist

(4) Halloween vs (13) Living Dead
(5) Scream vs (12) Child's Play

(2) Friday the 13th vs (15) Evil Dead
(7) Texas Chainsaw Massacre vs (10) Saw

(3) Nightmare on Elm Street vs (14) Insidious
(6) Final Destination vs (11) Psycho

ROUND TWO
(9) Poltergeist vs (16) Hellraiser
(4) Living Dead vs (5) Scream

(7) Texas Chainsaw Massacre vs (15) Evil Dead
(3) Nightmare on Elm Street vs (6) Final Destination

ROUND THREE
(4) Living Dead vs (16) Hellraiser
(3) Nightmare on Elm Street vs (15) Evil Dead

ROUND FOUR
(3) Nightmare on Elm Street vs (15) Living Dead

WINNER
Living Dead

I disagree with a couple of the movies included in the brackets as well as a few of the winners/losers.