BEST IN THE WORLD 2016: Which Wrestler has the Crown?

Best Wrestler in the World

• Rollins

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Cole

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Nakamura

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Styles

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Pentagon Jr.

• Okada

• EC3

• Owens

• Sabre Jr.

• Other

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lethal

• Tanahashi

• Lesnar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roode

• Ricochet

• Total voters

Malcolm Joseph

Microphone Checka
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Which wrestler is the GUY in professional wrestling right now, I know there are plenty of names that you argue for, but to make this argument more fruitful I am establishing my own criteria for what makes up the best in the world.

CRITERIA:
  • Mic Skills/Out-of-ring talent: Working the audience during backstage/non-match situations. Can they sell a match?
  • Ring work: In-ring skill, move-set, psychology, story-telling, and selling. How good are their matches?
  • Gimmick/Look: Character work. How well do they play their role?
  • Draw: Ability to get a pop, draw interest. Do fans care about them?
  • Work Ethic: Consistency, investment in their craft. How hard do they work at being a wrestler? Being healthy.

MY PICKS:
  1. Shinsuke Nakamura - NR Mic (JP speaker),4.5/5 Ring, 5/5 Gimmick, 4.5.5 Draw, 4.5/5 Work Ethic = 92.5
  2. Pentagon Jr. - 4.5/5 Mic, 4/5 Ring, 5/5 Gimmick, 4.5/5 Draw, 5/5 Work Ethic = 92
  3. Cena - 4.5/5 Mic, 4/5 Ring, 3.5/5 Gimmick, 5/5/ Draw, 5/5 Work Ethic = 88
  4. Adam Cole - 4/5 Mic, 4.5/5 Ring, 4/5 Gimmick, 4/5 Draw, 4.5/5 Work Ethic = 84
  5. Seth Rollins - 3/5 Mic, 4.5/5 Ring, 3.5/5 Gimmick, 4/5 Draw, 4.5/5 Work Ethic = 78
Make a case for your guy, no need to fukk with any numbers or shyt, this is just how I judged my guys.

BurnSlow

Supahflyyyy
Daps
Reppin
Errwhere
Some technical ass criteria right here so we gone cook with that...

Imma say my man Kevin Owens is the best wrestler in the world. A grade in all categories OP listed. After that Lethal, Adam Cole Bay Bay! and Joe.

Shout out to Ethan Carter 3 and Rainmaker too.

Malcolm Joseph

Microphone Checka
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I can admit that oversight, he should definitely be there. He looked kinda lost at WK this year, but he's still the man in ROH.

He's a solid 4/5 - 5/5 in every category. Plus he can work with anybody in a program and even carry the feud for most.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
g1okada.gif

Daps
Reppin
None of your business
Lethal and it aint even close, not even because he's black.

This dude's promo game is A1, if you ever seen old jay lethal promos, he was AWFUL, like social outcast bad.

Now he's the best promo in ring of honor save for like Corino, Cole and Jay Briscoe.

In ring he stopped being so spotty and became more polished, he rvd'd that tv belt and made it just as if not more important than the world belt.

If el patron was willing to put him over, that's good enough for me.

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's actually pretty tough when you factor in everything.

• Mic Skills/Out-of-ring talent: Working the audience during backstage/non-match situations. Can they sell a match?
  • Ring work: In-ring skill, move-set, psychology, story-telling, and selling. How good are their matches?
  • Gimmick/Look: Character work. How well do they play their role?
  • Draw: Ability to get a pop, draw interest. Do fans care about them?
  • Work Ethic: Consistency, investment in their craft. How hard do they work at being a wrestler? Being healthy.d

To me, Nakamura, Styles and Lethal are the best 3 right now, not necessarily in that order.

Mic-Skills/Out of Ring: Lethal on the mic, but Nakamura is by far the most charismatic wrestler in the industry.
Ring Work: AJ, followed closely by Naka and Lethal
Gimmick: Nakamura, but Lethal is incredible here
Draw: Nakamura put a ton of butts in the seats...AJ established and carried a company for a decade
Work Ethic: Equal

Verdict: What a time

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I voted Rollins. But him AJ, Cole. Are about even for me. With Lethal, Okada, Owens, Nakamura, Ricochet just behind :yeshrug:

Dope list. Like 7 of my top 10 are on there :obama: