Best promo guy in their prime poll

Best one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Macho man is my pick but I understand flair as a top one. Id rather you had put Dusty over Hogan because Hogan’s worked for me as a kid but he was borderline Utlimate Warrior status a lot of time. Savage could walk that line better than both of juiced up meat head talking shyt but also making a point and making sure people wanted to watch him wrestle.

but Ric used to speak venom, talk cash shyt, and make you want to see anybody beat him.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Alright..I've read enough. Clearly Flair is held in high regard and he should. He took the Buddy Rogers gimmick to another level on his charisma and antics...Flair dropped money after money promo. Jake the Snake Roberts is more psychological and natural than anyone ever in mainstream pro wrestling. Really no one like him. That was evident during his acceptance speech at the HOF..he threw away the written shyt and told those terrific stories like it was NOTHING. Absolutely amazing.

Of course Macho Man Randy Savage is the definition of 80s wrestling. Cape, sunglasses, the voice, iconic finisher..legendary money promos. He had the superstar look from day one.

Last edited:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps

90 to 92 he cut the best promos in the buisness.

If we had to break it down starting in the 1970s in terms of cutting promos

Billy Graham
Piper from 82-84
Dusty Rhodes 1985
Ric Flair to 86-89
Jake the snake from 90 to 92
Cactus Jack 93-95
Steve Austin 96-98
The Rock 98-2003

Stopped giving a fukk after that
And I guess CM Punk held it down sometime after 2010.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Personal taste is personal taste but I get the feeling a lot of folks are getting persona mixed up with promo-ability here. That's the only reason I can think of for Roberts trailing like this :mjcry:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

Quotables on quotables in this one (right after Jake left Steamboat :deadmanny: with the DDT on the concrete).

"Bottom line: I walked out. He didn't. :birdman:"

hazardous

All Star
Daps
"Short ride, bad landing"

It's Jake Roberts for me if its strictly judged on promos. But if you throw in charisma, character and personality along with it, then its Macho Man followed by Flair.