Best promo guy in their prime poll

Best one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
I would rank them in this order:

1.) Ric Flair- Babyface or Heel, he could do it all. He's cut thousands of promos and has thousands of quotables to go with them. Nothing more really needs to be said, when I think of wrestling promos, Ric Flair is the first name that comes to mind.

2.) Jake Roberts- The master of psychology. He didn't have to yell and scream to get your attention he had is own unique style and cut some of best promos ever. His promo at WM6 is one of the GOAT babyface promos and his promo at Tuesday in Texas is one of the GOAT heel promos.

3.) Randy Savage- The voice, the delivery, the intensity, Savage was one of a kind. His promo work in the WWF was some of the best ever. Heel or babyface he delivered in spades. I thought his WCW work was a little inconsistent but when he was on, he was as good as anyone in the history of the business.

4. ) Hulk Hogan- The biggest star out of the 4, he talked thousands of people into the building and really had kids believing in him. I wasn't the biggest fan of his promos but you have to give credit where its due. I thought he was a much better babyface promo than as a heel and people can shyt on his 'say your prayers, eat your vitamins' and all that but IMO, playing the goody-goody babyface is one of the hardest characters to get over and he did it better than everyone else.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
You spelled the rocks name wrong 4 times

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I voted Flair even though Mach my favorite wrestler. I just think Flair brought so much intensity every time, and the lavish lifestyle character he had, who can't be enthralled by that.

Here's a cool early Attitude era promo from Mach before he left for WCW:

Jake was made for this business. Ultimate heel work .

Would have been a GREAT booker in his later years if he didn't get tangled into drugs.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
The real best was whoever they were getting their coke from. Had Savage freestyling a promo after passing catering and snatching up a couple single-serve creamers, and Flair turning bright red and dropping elbows and knees on his own fukking clothes after stripping half-naked in the ring. They musta had that Bobby Brown connect back then.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Look at it this way... if you were going to teach a wrestler how to cut a promo, whose tape would you have them watch FIRST of those four?

Personally, I'd put on Roberts tape before I would Savage/Flair/Hogan. Savage, Flair and Hogan had that energy and all that with the catchphrases and shyt as aided by character work and as a result they had a lot of memorable moments, particularly Savage and Flair with fukkery... but Roberts said real shyt that made me think the opponent was in actual danger. :lupe:

From a foundation standpoint, f you've seen a Savage promo, you've seen a Flair promo and you've seen a Hogan promo. You just have to change some elements of their character to fit what they said. Jake Roberts' style is one of a kind. I haven't seen anything close to it since MAYBE Samoa Joe and even then... not the same.