Best Roth IRA?

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Looking into m1 right now. But I hear Charles Schwann and Vanguard are good too.

But in the aspect of savings I was going to move my money to ally.

Thoughts?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Looking into m1 right now. But I hear Charles Schwann and Vanguard are good too.

Thoughts?
M1 is the new kid on the block w/ the ability to buy fractions of any stock which is dope. The one 'proceed with caution' thing is that they don't have the same tenure as the other options so they are riskier in terms of being around in the next 15 years. As long as your accounts are FDIC insured, you should be good.

You probably shouldn't be trading individual stock in your IRA, but if you are, Vanguard's website/app is pretty weak. If you are sticking to buying and holding mutual funds for an extended period of time though, they are among the best in class for the set-it-and-forget-it crowd.

Schwab recently bought TD Ameritrade so they are going to be around for a while and likely have the most money to sink into future features. I use TD Ameritrade personally for my IRA but I think you're probably in good hands w/ any of these 3 depending on your investment goals/risk profile.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Thoughts?
You can go with Schwab. You can put index funds instead of mutual funds in your Roth IRA. Index funds and etfs have lower expense ratios than mutual funds.

Check out their target date index funds that self allocate the closer you get to retirement.

Last edited:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m finally gonna open up a Roth IRA with Charles Schwab when I get paid again. I already have a checking and regular brokerage account w/them so it kind of makes sense.

I agree with someone else who mentioned at this point, all the fees are pretty much the same. It’s really up to your personal preference and if you’re comfortable using the platform